ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Debadging the boot

crashed clio
When i bought my ickle clio, the tool beforehand stuck 'renault' and 'sport' on the boot.

im looking to take them off and was just wondering how easy it is (i think there held on with sticky stuff) and how easy it is to clean off.

as well, im looking to take the 'clio' badge off, but iv heard that that is held on with pins. is there a solution to not being left with two holes in my boot??

advice muchly appreciated :)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
yeah if the badge is a pin one and leaves a whole in the boot, just put something behind it and filler as above

monaco 172
is there an easy way of seeing if you were a lucky one who got one without holes?

i took my renault sport off today and want rid of the clio as well but darent try it incase im left with 2 holes thatl need filling and spraying.

clio mk 2 5 door
an easy way to see is open your boot and there is a hole in the bottom of your boot lid underneath the clio badge. you can use a long thin stick or something to feel if there are pins

an easy way to see is open your boot and there is a hole in the bottom of your boot lid underneath the clio badge. you can use a long thin stick or something to feel if there are pins

Or just look with your eyes? :p

An even easier way to see if its on pins is to try and wiggle the badge. If its stuck, its not gonna move, but if its on pins it should move a little :)

clio mk 2 5 door
Or just look with your eyes? :p

An even easier way to see if its on pins is to try and wiggle the badge. If its stuck, its not gonna move, but if its on pins it should move a little :)

its very dark inside that little hole. need to munch alot of carrots to see in there

Arctic 182 FF
Just removed the Renault Sport badge from my 182 to fit the newer one, was stuck on as suggested above. Cleaned all the grime off which left a very clear Renault Sport mark on the paintwork, T-Cut removed this pretty easily!