ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat and chip

I recently bought a Ashley back box for my little Clio. It sounds nice but it is now even more apparent that the car isnt quick enough for the noise it makes.

I have been toying with the idea about getting a decat and chip. The engines pretty sweet but its almost on 85K.

Is it worth it?

85k is yound...no worries there.

Decat and chip will give you a little pep, but nothing spesh.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

My car came with a magnex cat back and K&N. Fitted a BMC CDA in place of the K&N and then, at cambelt change, got BB to fit a magnex decat and their chip. RR resulted in a figure of 148 so if 137 as standard, 11 bhp increase from those mods.

Id say its worth it as the chip, I find, makes the car a lot more drivable. Only trouble is now chips are nearer £350 which is a lot of money. Unichip isnt much more and is a better option.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

85k is nothing and it will go a lot further if you regulary change the oil.your mods wont do to it any harm.