ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat on a 1.4 16v

ok, anyone got a decat on their 1.4 16v with no problems, i.e lights coming on?

if so where did you get decat pipe from? im thinkin of adding this to my standard system just fort he sound.

MOT wont be a problem as i have contacts :)

yeh so any decent places to get a decat pipe?

p.s. i aint paying for it, (bro is) lol, so its all good

Thanks

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Ive got a decat on mine, havent got any light on as he did something which i dont know lol, cost me 110 posted.

You got a clip of what it sounds like?

also where did you get it done from? or bought from?

and did the guy who fit it do something? or the guy you bought it off?

Cheers

Last edited:
  ZT 1.8T
I should imagine your engine light will come on to tell you the LAMBDA isnt correct, you can get a remap to sort this out or a MIL Engine Light Eliminator which is a small module that replicates the LAMBDA sensors signal.

Ive got a decat on mine, havent got any light on as he did something which i dont know lol, cost me 110 posted.

Unless he fiddled with the mapping or unpluged the sensor there not much else can be done.

In theory unplug the second sensor tape the wires up and it shoulnd't come on depends on ECU maps though.

sorry av been gone a while
can get one made for £50 a jig which i can bolt on and off.

what shall i tell the guy to do when drop car off? to unplug second sensor or to put al sensors back on?

i dont want a light coming on, will annoy me

yh sure, me wanna hear the sound, as i do a lot of motorway miles

also is ur emission light on? if no .. how did you stop it from comin on?