ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat on clio 200

Haven't yet had a decent look under the clio since purchase, but was looking at a "toyosport" decat manifold, and a aka evo exhaust,

am i right in thinking the only cat is in the manifold? or is there one after the manifold again?

not sure why there is a cat in the manifold? just bad Renault design?

anyone shed some light? cheers

Two cats mate.

I didn't think much of the Akrapovic for the money tbh, I've got a ktec performance cat-back system and it sounds great.

Only problem with it is a drone at 3k but an Akra will probably have one if you fully decat it.

tbh ive been put off ktex due to there mechanics being moron's and sales team member i spoke to was a arrogant bellend.

but might take a look at there exhausts, toyosport best manifold? for money

Clio 200
Do you actually need to replace your manifold though because of failed flexi's? I went for an R3 Maxi manifold and sports cat, in hind sight I would just gut the pre-cat on the standard manifold, that is what the R3 Access and Clio Cup cars do.

When the flexis fail, the manifold cracks, so people replace with a aftermarket one as Renault's one is overpriced!
Yeah I would gut the precat, but getting a akra evo system it takes out the main cat as well.... Sucks a little