ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat on standard 182 exhaust

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
hi, was just wondering if anybody had any videos of this set up? and what you think about this as i dont want it to sound too loud and end up in the 'chav' class. thanks :)

Renaultsport Clio 182
i wouldn't bother with a decat unless you change the rest of it too - pointless otherwise. the manifold is 2.5" bore into the front end of the standard CAT. at the rear of teh cat the pipework is only 1.75" bore.

you could do what i did though. had Prospeed to fit a custom cat back system and had teh original cat modified to remove the restrictive 1.75" pipe.

dont have to mess about with replacing teh cat come MOT time either - happy days.

now it's a full 2.5" bore all teh way through. doesn't sound chavvy at all and not too loud either cos i use it everyday for travelling to work.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
hi, was just wondering if anybody had any videos of this set up? and what you think about this as i dont want it to sound too loud and end up in the 'chav' class. thanks :)

A friend of mine put a Yozzasport cat bypass pipe on the standard exhaust and he said it made no difference to sound.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Because the standard exhaust on a 182 has three silencers.

eh?

I fitted a decat to my standard system simply because it was too low for the standard cat!
Made it slightly deeper, but not that anyone but you would notice. Other than that it was the same.

BG182®
When i fitted a decat to standard system it was much raspier

+1

I'm running a decat with the standard 182 exhaust and it does add a touch of rasp to it. Would say no gains are felt but I can't remember what it felt like with the cat either...

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
ok thanks for that! i hear it can make the exhaust go earlier but i think this is just over studied gossip! lol. what decats did u use/recommend out of interest?

182 gordini
i have one question and i will ask here...how is with both lambda sensors, after fiting decat, are there any computer errors or is everything working just fine....

182 gordini
is the light the only thing that it does, nothing like ecu going in safe mode or something like that, that would efect on motor runing, cause i heard that could happen, thats why iam asking?

Civic Type S GT
I've got a scorpion de cat pipe on my standard exhaust and it's finally starting to do my nut in! Had it on for a while now and the warning light came on the other day and it's definatly louder, when the windows are up it sounds like I'm being followed by a euro fighter, and people who have sat in the back say it's really loud to. It's just started to back fire and blow when idle now, quite annoying.