ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat options

172, Tiguan
I've been on here years but I've never paid any attention to the topic of decats, however I need one for the track car.

It's the later twin barrel/lambda setup on a ph1, so i assume a ph2 172 decat will fit fine.

Save paying Ktec £118, is there a cheaper alternative? I'm loathed to pay that much for a bit of pipe with two holes in it.

Cheers

Last edited:
No point in wasting a 172 cat then if it will/maybe be going back on the road :)

What about if you take the cat off and give it to a exhaust company to make a decat with the measurements?

Not sure how much that cost though :/

Or the wanted section here ;)

Clio 172 phase 1
buy a 2nd hand cat and smash the cat outta that .... tbh an exhaust place is going top charge easily £100 with labor etc to make one

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
i wouldn't bother I don't think. won't achieve much apart from making it harder to pass noise testing

172, Tiguan
I think they are different length's though mate aren't they? I was just going to buy a cap for the second hole mate.

Dan, the exhaust on the car is pretty quiet at the moment. Last tested at 88db or something, so it should be OK.