ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat to 1.4 16v clio

hiya guys, looking for a bit more go out of my 1.4 16v clio...its already got a K+N induction kit and sebring backbox, Im gonna be replacing the K+N soon with a sealed induction kit, couldnt really say no at the time as it was a birthday present off my ex girlfriend!!!

anyways, will a decat pipe be the next sensible move, followed by a superchip....a lot of people on here seem to be more concerned about peak power but whats the bes way to improve touque from an engine as well...

no 1 will do one for ma car as it has 2 sensors in cat?? i know k-tec have 1 out for 172 but even that took a while to come threw and i dont see them doing it for ours

The de-cat I put on my old 16V was the best mod I ever did. That may be due to the nature of that particular car, but Id do it again if I was in the mood to mod. It wont propell you down the road any faster, but it will make the delivery a bit sharper. Get a silenced one if you dont like attention!

Usualy increasing power increased power thoughout the rev range increases mid range

A one of unichip etc remaping should cost you about £250 and the same again to have the remap done and be the best thing to get mid range out of the engine alos you shopuld geta few hp top end (8 possibly).

But best get the remap done with alll the other mods a full exhaust system will help you as well