ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat worth it? 172 cup

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
am thinking about getting a new exhaust system -

decat vs sportscat = which is better?

and which system would you guys recommend for around £400ish

cheers

Duncan

Mk4 .:R32
I'm getting GDI system and janspeed decat. Got the GDI system for 315 cos I got on the group buy :)

Lionel Richie
and make it go faster!

who said anything about it failing an MOT?? if you're clever enough to figure it out there is a way to pass a legit MOT with a decat on

clio 182 sport
so the sports cat will make a diff just had a full system cat back on my 182 from pro speed cardiff great job sounds sweet goin 2 get sports de cat end of month

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
ive heard that sports cat's arnt worth it, they are quite expensive and dont make a big difference

thats why im going for a decat - going to keep my cat until mot time and just get them to swap it if i have any problems

80MPG BEEZA
my 182 manifold and decat are going on this thursday :)

as for MOT i just impress the tester with how clean and cared for my car is and they usually let minor things go e.g decat

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Sports cat on a small engine like a Clio won't make much difference, nor will a decat to be fair, but it'll make a bigger difference than a sports cat, it's not like it's going to kill trees as you drive past as there won't be that many more carbon dioxides.

182 FF
I bought my 172 cup with a cleverly disguised decat on. Didn't have a clue because it was one of those 'hidden in a fake normal cat type' and so failed my MOT.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
A decat will make more difference than a cat back exhaust. I ran mine on the stock system, makes a good difference. Stock exhaust maybe made from kitkat wrappers, but its efficient ;) No aftermarket exhaust i've seen for the reanultsport clio gives good gains.

53' 172 Cup
bigger bore piping will improve exhaust gas flow which will give gains...maybe not much but it will. decat etc is good upgrade for the money too! reckon if you take your motor on a track you would see a difference,not so much everyday driving

i've got a sports cat on mine . they are dearer than normal decats , happy with mine .

i'd look at both on the road before deciding .

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
bigger bore piping will improve exhaust gas flow which will give gains...maybe not much but it will. decat etc is good upgrade for the money too! reckon if you take your motor on a track you would see a difference,not so much everyday driving

hhhmmmm

But the BTB (182) which has probaby had the most development of any off the shelf system gained 1hp and a couple of torque.... no exhaust on the 172 has been tested for gains that i can think of?