ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent and affordable polish and a polisher as im lazy...

M

mini-valver

Can someone receomend a decent yet reletavely unexpensive polish to use, theres a few scrathches on my car that i want to get rid off but i also want to give the paint a good seal. Whats the best stuff to use and is it better to use a buffer/polosher or by hand?
links would be great too,
Ta
dave

106 GTi
Polishers wise nothing bar a rotary polsher or random orbital polisher like the PC will have enough power to do paint correction and remove defects such as minor scrtaches and swirl marks.

If working by hand whatever polishers you use will take some real elbow grease. Working by hand I would try Meguiars Scratch X.

Working by machine, Meguiars, Poorboys and Menzerna all doa rnage of polished which will do the trick.

The lower power halfords type buffers will be fine to apply sealants and waxes if you so desire.

M

mini-valver

:eek: Whats a PC?
I usually use turtle wax shampoo and shamy it the auto gylm ultra deep shine. When do i apply wax or use the scratch X? Never done waxing before so excuse the ignorance ;)

Arctic Blue FF 182
PC standard for Porter Cable, it is a random orbit polisher imported from amercia usualy.

Scratch -x is a product from meguairs to use by hand to try and remove swirl marks, and minor scratchs. Wax should be the last layer applied after polish and glazes, it protects the paint, and water runs of the car then.

James

M

mini-valver

Cheers mate, how do you apply wax? Just rub on then wipe off??

106 GTi
Depends on the wax, some you can apply to the whole car and then remove.

I tend to do as you describe, wipe on the panel and wipe off

M

mini-valver

Ok cool, ill have ago when the weather improves! Chers for the help

Chocolate Bar™
dave - ive got some prima amigo glaze you can have a bash with if you wanna pop round and pick it up.

seeing as i dont have a black car anymore i normally only use it on the gf's corsa, but its a good product and you can see what you think of it with some p21s wax.

M

mini-valver

Yeah that would be great!!!! STill in biddulph? Ill need help to do it though as i have no real experience with wax etc!

Chocolate Bar™
no matey ive moved now to milton. if you come down (when its clean) we'll clean it up and give it an amigo / p21 and you can see what you think.

i'm off on tuesday next week, otherwise i'm on lates all week till saturday so drop us a bell as to when you can pop down.

M

mini-valver

Mkay! Dont get weekdays off unfrtunately but if your free this weekend sometime ill definately be up for that! Got a new dent today, not happy :(