ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decent deal from O2...

O2 looking after me again...
8 months into my contract... they've given me any phone of my choice for free...

750 CROSS NETWORK anytime mins, 1150 texts all for £36 a month incl vat
im quite chuffed with that.

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
nice. I recently got 500 any network mins + 300 texts for £20 a month and 2 months line rental free!

Basically got offered 750mins and 750 texts for £20 clart but wanted more texts, so bolt on an extra 400 texts for £16 AND VOILA.

how'd you get a new phone part way through?? and b******s only gave me 200 anytime x netowrk and 500 texts for £20!

Speak to them politely and thank them ALOT for everything they do.

i find the O2 customer service second to none. T-mobile was great too.

And when i say a phone of my choice i mean any. Offered a nokia 8800 again, but ive already got one.. lol

what i dont get is how you got it part way throught a contract? they've been great whehn I've upgraded at the end of a contract but whenever i've enquired about upgrading early they've said no!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm on a 18 month contract at £35 p/month with a free Nokia N80. 750 xnet mins and 750 texts. 9 months line rental free.

theduckeatspork said:
how'd you get a new phone part way through?? and b******s only gave me 200 anytime x netowrk and 500 texts for £20!

how can phone companys get away with doing cheeky deals with everyone ???

Honda S2000
If you pretend you're going to cancel and take it to the very last option they give you a superb deal. I've got 300 anytime minutes and 500 texts for £15 a month and they charged me £20 for a D600 and gave me £50 credit.

i never threaten to cancel... its such an old trick nowadays and if you get any one who knows what theyre doing they'll just say ok... here's your puk number if u want it.

Just be polite.... thats all it takes. have a chat and a laugh with em.

tiTTy & SV650
i need to pull a trick and get a better deal, I have an old online tarrif which is no longer available and it costs £45 a month, I dont use the free minutes I get but I use the free texts (1000!) so keep it for that reason, what should I do? I've been with o2 for a few years now.

Civic Vtec y0
Im coming up to the end of my contract as well! wouldnt mind 750mins and txts for £20 as I pay that just now for 50mins and 500 txts

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Just ring them up and tell them you will need your PAC code because you have a better deal elsewhere. They will soon be offering you some great deals

Civic Vtec y0
might try that and see, I just really want more mins. dont usually go over my free txt

im paying 30 quid a month on vodafone for 200 cross network mins and 100 txt, bumped or what lol i fuckin hate the b******s!

is there anyway way of getting away from them?!!?? my contract doesnt end for months :(

M2 Competition
Go to a phone shop, like phones4u, and they will pay vodafone to end your contract, and get you a new one cheaper mate...

tiTTy & SV650
im gonna have to go speak to a shop, get the best deal then play the old car insurance trick, play them off against each other, something to do today me thinks.

Black 172 Mk2
I pay £15 a month for 200 anytime cross network minutes and 500 texts plus a new phone 12 month contract. Its my fourth year with them and every year they offer me a discount when i ring up to cancel the contract except this year where they could only match what i was previously on (£10 per month would of been good)

btw, i havent been with O2 for 2years yet. people not gettin the deals... TRY harder.

Been with O2 for 1 year 7 months, this is my second upgrade.

Clio 182
Dansta said:
i never threaten to cancel... its such an old trick nowadays and if you get any one who knows what theyre doing they'll just say ok... here's your puk number if u want it.

Just be polite.... thats all it takes. have a chat and a laugh with em.

I said I'd cancel a while ago and they just said ok. Spent ages looking at new tariffs then rang yesterday to go ahead with the cancellation and order my new phone elsewhere and they offered me a better deal this time! £15 a month line rental, a 12 month contract (which they'd already refused me), 100 mins and 500 texts which suits me, is more than I had before and keeps the cost down too :)

Does anywhere know any shops that buy out contracts? Just tried a load and cant find anywhere. Also O2 have said theres no way they will upgrade me untill december, which is when my contract runs out. I said I wanted to cancel and they just said ok, you'll need to pay off the rest of your line rental. Not happy.

i just went into phones4u and me and the girl got a nice shiny new k800 each (free) and a hundred quid cash pound notes each, ill use it to buy out my current vodafone contract and the g/f can spend hers how she pleases

RESULT!

thanks for the info about doin that btw rex :)