ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent gaskets for a 172?

I need a cam cover gasket, the one for between the two halves of the inlet and the seal between the cam cover and the upper inlet. Anyone know of a decent mail order supplier?

Cheers

Cheers @imprezaworks for the tag and @bloke for the links!
The first two look spot on, but I dont need the lower gasket (from the lower inlet to the head) as that's still attached, but I do need the cam cover gasket, which for some reason I cant find on the website?

@JamesBryan Oh, so just clean up the faces and re-seal? What kind of sealant?
I've not pulled that apart yet, but my blug bores were full of oil, so I assume its leaking (not sure where else it could have come from?)

Cheers

I've just been doing some reading and the utter contempt from my French POS is growing.
They should have got it to handle nicely and then given it to the Germans to finish. There is literally nothing thats nicely designed on the entire car.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
They where 11k new. What do you expect.
So you hate modern cars and now old cheap French cars.
I'd stick to some aging bmw if I was you. They are well made and won't fail at all. Ever... Fact

Price isn't a factor in not being bloody stupid. The use of M6 bolts for the exhaust joint, the design of the rear hanger or putting the flange where no one can get to it are all unforgivable. The design of the dipstick, with a short tube, under the fuel rail protector, which is only there because the fuel rail is on the front of the engine. A gearbox which contains a ridiculous amount of oil, which is just as well, because the awful selector design means they always leak and yet somehow they still die.

It's like everything was an effort to do something differently but they stopped one step short of square wheels.

I love the way it drives, they are second to none the most effective track cars on a small budget and they're great fun. If I didn't like it I wouldn't have it, but that doesn't mean I can't hate the half baked design of almost every component in the car everytime it breaks!