ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent, reliable, budget home printer ?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Any recommendations? This Epson XP-645 is an absolute joke. Always jams, always has faults complete waste of time!

Need something that can scan, PRINT (!) and isn't bad quality - doesn't need to do photo quality.

Reasonable consumables and under £200 really.

Anyone?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I bought (stupidly) 3x cheap Brother printers for the store. I think they were £60 each. NEVER AGAIN.

For my office (because im the boss) I splurged and got a just sub £200 Brother and its been excellent. Scans well, wifi printing (a must for me) and it prints quite quickly too which is handy when im doing reports. Cant comment yet on cartridges as its so new but been really good.

Its a Brother MFC-J1010DW :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Oh yes I need wireless printing etc too. Will check out that one.

This Epsom one is a Pc world all show and no go, it's gash.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I’ve got an earlier version of this (HP Envy) and it’s been top notch.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I think most come with wifi printing now. TBH printers are usually the bane of my life but this one has been flawless so far. I installed the Brother software which, unlike most, doesnt CONSTANTLY remind you of low ink or some fault has occured. Its decent.

Printers, to me, should be plug and play and forget. Thats what this one has been.

I bet it f**king breaks now ive said all this 🤣

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

I've got an earlier version of this too, the 5546. Ink last ages plus you subscribe and they send more ink when you're getting low. It's spot on.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Another vote for an HP Envy here, we've had our 5640 for 3 years now and it's never thrown a wobbly.

Combine it with an Instant Ink subscription and it's a reliable thing with a cheap cost of ownership/cost per page.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
We must have a s**t HP one at work because it's forever having issues, dropping WiFi printing mainly. Scan hardly works unless it's plugged in to USB and it uses loads of ink unless printed in draft.

Its possible that most of the issues stem from the laptop we have though.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
The HP printers our customers have are a nightmare. Generally the Kyocera ones are pretty decent. HP and Epson can get in the bin.

clio 220 trophy
Laser printers dont suffer with ink blocks or drying . Had many printers & if you dont use them very regular they are a pain in the arse. I will never buy an ink jet again.
Had my laser printer 3 years with no problems, black & white only, used 1 cartrige so far at a cost of £30 with over 3000 pages printed.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
This will be superceded massively by now but I got this in 2016 and its been absolutely spot on. Would buy another in a heartbeat. Shame its white

Screenshot_20220412_214250_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Lasers are the best from my understanding, but our ancient Brother MFC-6920DW (inkjet) has been great, still going strong. I'd say something from Brother's professional range.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
We’ve got an HP inkjet printer. Spent about £200 and it’s been super reliable over the last couple of years. WiFi print, apple AirPrint does the lot.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

I have this one, has been decent