ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decked 182

Rusty Cup
all well and good having it that low but you cant drive it half as hard with this setup, but each to their own plus the beauty of coils is if you wake up one morning n want your car a foot higher there is nothing stopping you :D

Honest opinion, which you'll get used to.

It looks like the springs have all snapped, and I bet it would chuck itself into a ditch if driven with intent on any normal b-road. That's too low even for a track. Do you enjoy driving around not being able to navigate normal ramps and bumps? I doubt I could even get that on my drive. Epic.

Welcome to the club though x

lol i was waiting for a keyboard warrior

That's never been low, this is low...

CIMG1017.gif

CIMG1024.gif

CIMG1026.gif

CIMG1030.gif

CIMG1037.gif

(thats even with the front wheels sat on 50mm of timber!)

In all seriousness though, yours looks mint! Good effort.

there is very low and stupidly low and un practical. Id like to see you on some speed bumps you mite stuck, a little clio SeeSaw

they are px4 toyo proxes, 205/40/16. I struggled abit to get hold of them, the toyos in that size are quite rare

Thanks, they are the ones I was about to get.. there are some mixed reviews.. but I think they suit lighter cars and the bad reviews are by owners of bigger heavier cars.. whats your verdict on them? (in wet)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
there is very low and stupidly low and un practical. Id like to see you on some speed bumps you mite stuck, a little clio SeeSaw

Unpractical in all but the last one where it's on level ground.

The first ones were the car resting on the tyres/arches, so the car wouldnt move, that was just as I fitted them.

The one in the carpark is pretty much as low as physically possible for a 182 on 195/45/16's, but speedbumps were not an issue at all slowly.
Only stayed like that for a few days, just did it for the crack.

Lowest 182 ever I reckon :D

S

snooker03tom

Thanks, they are the ones I was about to get.. there are some mixed reviews.. but I think they suit lighter cars and the bad reviews are by owners of bigger heavier cars.. whats your verdict on them? (in wet)

yea i thought the exact same thing as you, i can tell you though that in the wet and dry they are brilliant tyres, very soft and grippy. They are quiet as well, by that i mean the roadnoise. I definately rate them highly and they have got a cool tread pattern :)

S

snooker03tom

Unpractical in all but the last one where it's on level ground.

The first ones were the car resting on the tyres/arches, so the car wouldnt move, that was just as I fitted them.

The one in the carpark is pretty much as low as physically possible for a 182 on 195/45/16's, but speedbumps were not an issue at all slowly.
Only stayed like that for a few days, just did it for the crack.

Lowest 182 ever I reckon :D

Yeah definately the lowest 182 ive ever seen, very nice car even if you have lifted it up abit now ha

yea i thought the exact same thing as you, i can tell you though that in the wet and dry they are brilliant tyres, very soft and grippy. They are quiet as well, by that i mean the roadnoise. I definately rate them highly and they have got a cool tread pattern :)

Cheers for that! just what I wanted to know :cool:

S23

The Cleee-O
Oooft! This is epic dude. A decked Clio is a happy Clio. :rasp: Looks awesome man, genuinely nice job on this. Can't wait to see it progress :)

ph3 dci100 172 rep
182 looks good mate welcome to the forum!

JP's silver clio imho looks bad as its too low on the back which makes it reverse rake really badly which isn't a good look!

its gotta be either equal arch clearance on front and back or less clearance on the front! :p

mine was lower than the blue one too when i had the d90's on it :D

S

snooker03tom

Oooft! This is epic dude. A decked Clio is a happy Clio. :rasp: Looks awesome man, genuinely nice job on this. Can't wait to see it progress :)

thanks pal, hopefully it will be dry tomorrow and i can give it abit of tlc with the clay bar and take some more pics:D

S

snooker03tom

182 looks good mate welcome to the forum!

JP's silver clio imho looks bad as its too low on the back which makes it reverse rake really badly which isn't a good look!

its gotta be either equal arch clearance on front and back or less clearance on the front! :p

mine was lower than the blue one too when i had the d90's on it :D

yeahh i understand, ive tried to make mine look equal in the arches and not the sills equal with the floor if you get me?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I know for a fact you will be on the bumpstops on the rear shocks, it handles like a piece of s**t like that obviously, ive tried it on the same coilovers, BAD. Also you must corner very slowly for that not to rub, again I have the same coils and at that height it must rub like a c**t at a decent speed, looks good but you should of bought a rep if you cant corner properly on a car made to corner on rails.

S23

The Cleee-O
thanks pal, hopefully it will be dry tomorrow and i can give it abit of tlc with the clay bar and take some more pics:D

Sounds gud to me man! Have you got any other plans for it? Or you keeping it pretty much as is? This alone makes me want a sport TBH...Hmm, damn you! :rasp:

Italian 3.2 V6
looks great but i would never ever go that low as its just suicide for the car! lol!.

the 40 profile tyres really set it off aswell!

S

snooker03tom

I know for a fact you will be on the bumpstops on the rear shocks, it handles like a piece of s**t like that obviously, ive tried it on the same coilovers, BAD. Also you must corner very slowly for that not to rub, again I have the same coils and at that height it must rub like a c**t at a decent speed, looks good but you should of bought a rep if you cant corner properly on a car made to corner on rails.

Yeah it does scrub a little bit when you corner hard but it keeps me from driving it so quickly, it will out handle alot of cars on the road as it is, and no i dont want a rep, its up to me what i do with my car, and i prefer looks to practicality as i dont drive it much. Im happy with how it drives and looks so i think thats all that matters. thanks anyway

S

snooker03tom

Sounds gud to me man! Have you got any other plans for it? Or you keeping it pretty much as is? This alone makes me want a sport TBH...Hmm, damn you! :rasp:

not got any major exterior plans tbh but like i said on the first page, when i can afford it im gonna aim for a full milltek exhaust, itg maxogen induction kit and jms remap, maybe also v6/trophy rear spoiler and 197 recaro seats. haha thanks, yeah you should get a sport :approve:

ph3 dci100 172 rep
Tbf i had 40 profiles and i think a lot of you would be suprised how hard you can chuck it into a corner that low before it scrubs!

my toyo 195/40/16s used to grip brilliantly and i used to chuck it into corners and it didn't scrub much at all and then when i got the turini's with 45s i raised the car 5mm and it scrubbed everywhere :S bloody things loads higher than it was :( i miss my lows :(

Roffle at being a keyboard warrior for stating an honest opinion once, and then leaving the thread alone. Riiiiight.

lol im still here biatch! im his cousin just drop in from time to time, im a ahem honda civic coupe driver *waits for the ricer comments

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeah it does scrub a little bit when you corner hard but it keeps me from driving it so quickly, it will out handle alot of cars on the road as it is, and no i dont want a rep, its up to me what i do with my car, and i prefer looks to practicality as i dont drive it much. Im happy with how it drives and looks so i think thats all that matters. thanks anyway

You might as well just use a solid piece of metal as your rear shocks as there will be movement in them :) The ktec coilover rear shocks are pap, I know as I have them :( Wish I never sold my Gaz gold coils now, nm.

S

snooker03tom

You might as well just use a solid piece of metal as your rear shocks as there will be movement in them :) The ktec coilover rear shocks are pap, I know as I have them :( Wish I never sold my Gaz gold coils now, nm.

haha yeah well thats all i could afford at the time, i will maybe upgrade to a better brand in the future.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ No need dude.

H&R and KW don't go low enough for your tastes. I had H&R's before the AST's.
AST's (what I had) obviously do, but are mega money and not worth it.

KTR/Raceland/etc for show.

KW for go.

S23

The Cleee-O
not got any major exterior plans tbh but like i said on the first page, when i can afford it im gonna aim for a full milltek exhaust, itg maxogen induction kit and jms remap, maybe also v6/trophy rear spoiler and 197 recaro seats. haha thanks, yeah you should get a sport :approve:

Sweet Tingz! I may well dooo! :D