ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Declaring Rear lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter thecremeegg
  • Start date Start date
T

thecremeegg

Hi
I'm just about to put mk2 ph2 lights on my ph1 and thought i'd phone up the insurance company. Did any of you notify the insurance company? I can't see why i should seeing as they are still standard clio lights, but i welcome some feedback

Tom
 
Hmm I think I may have to do that,as I phoned up the insurance company just now and they wanted to charge me an extra £90 for some sodding lights that are still standard renaults!!!
Not happy
 
only thing i had declared on my clio was lowering. 172 spoiler, ph2 rear lights and dynamique alloys i didnt bother.
 
now you've phoned them it'll probably be on record so the ignorance clause wont work in the event of a claim mate.
 
Yea thats true, really annoying. My insurnce runs out on the 2nd of Jan so i can wait til then.Just means I get an extra years no claims which i wont if i switch now.
Grr
Tom
 
After having a big claim I can confirm that they will check every part of your car for non std parts and will get out of the claim if they can.

Do a search on that lad who had that Civic - stuck the Type R sideskirts on undeclared and the ins co didnt pay out.
 
well i wrote off a 172, had non standard alloys, had magnex exhaust, clear rear clusters, viper induction kit, i was with direct line and they paid out without any questions, i even told them i want to put the original wheels back on, and they said i could so when i went to the place it was stored, to swap the wheels, the car had gone to a breakers :( but maybe i was just lucky ?
 
When I had my claim recently I told them I had put on mods when I was making the claim. They said it wouldn't be a problem, and have paid for all the repairs.
 
Back
Top