ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Defeated!!!

So got all prepared to change my brakes, 4 pots on the front and Renault rears and I'm well and truly defeated by the passenger rear 30mm hub bolt and front disc retainer screws. The hub bolt seems literally welded on to the point I was lifting the car of the jack stands. The front disc screws have been put back in rounded off.

Fuckin annoys me why people do things like this when working on cars. Now I'll have to pay for a garage to do them....grrrrrr!!!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Rear hub nut is easier to down on the ground with the centre cap off but if you're lifting the car do it the other way so you're pushing the bar down. And yes, drill the front screws. Or if the discs are away anyway go big and get the grinder out!

Nah I've washed my hands with it for today. Booked it in for Wednesday at my local garage, for the sake of £50 labour I CBA pissin about with it. The garage will have a good look over it as well making sure it's safe for my track day next Saturday.

Rear hub nut is easier to down on the ground with the centre cap off but if you're lifting the car do it the other way so you're pushing the bar down. And yes, drill the front screws. Or if the discs are away anyway go big and get the grinder out!

Tried this but it looks like the nut isn't 30mm. When pushing down its slipping. I reckon it needs a 28/29mm socket as the 30 has to much play and it will just round off if I carry on.

Just gone out for one more try on the hub bolt whilst it's on the ground...no chance. It's definitely not a 30mm bolt, more like 28mm.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
That's concerning If someone's forced a smaller nut and fucked the thread.