ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Definitive Cup Mods for *IMPROVEMENT*

Lads/Lasses,

From experience, do we have a list of mods that can be performed on a Cup that will actually improve it, i.e. the standard car is flexible to drive and well balanced - what mods just improve on this without lossing anything? Also, what can be carried out without affecting the warranty?

Would be cool if we could get a list of the "must do mods" so if anybody is interested in improving their car they would only need to refer to this thread rather than asking again.

Cheers.

As for warently any mods and affected equipement warently can be invalid only if they can prove the mod is to blame so unless thay can prove that different springs accounted for a suspension failure they cannot refuse any warently work on anything.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

All the quick 1/4 mile time runners use basically the same mods...

Induction kit (Viper usually)
Performance zorst
de-cat
R-Sport ECU
These cars are running very low 14s at mid/upper 90s terminal speed, so quick cars and only simple bolt on mods.

Other worthwhile mods are things like ported inlet manifolds, Hill Power induction hose and weight reduction, but after that youre into stuff like headwork & cams so more expense!

1) Cool, so Eibach springs actually add to the Cups handling with standard shockers?

2) The Viper is actually worth the cash? How about placing the scoop on the outside of the car - how has that gone for people, does anybody have pics?

3) Which Exhausts are people going for? I like the look of the K-tec steath as it would be nice to retain the standard appearance of the car.

4) How does the De-cat compare to the sports cat and what about noise levels?

5) Where can the rsport ecu be purchased from - does anybody have dyno graphs of the results?

p.s. What an excellent forum - replies fly in quickly round here - must get my membership sent off - cheers guys.

p.p.s Do 172/Cup/182 owners do the wave/light flash acknowledgements that other marques owners do such as Scoobies do?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by rsportcup on 31 May 2004

1) Cool, so Eibach springs actually add to the Cups handling with standard shockers?

yes, though coilovers are better

2) The Viper is actually worth the cash? How about placing the scoop on the outside of the car - how has that gone for people, does anybody have pics?

its only worth the money if you have the fuelling sorted out with a re-map

3) Which Exhausts are people going for? I like the look of the K-tec steath as it would be nice to retain the standard appearance of the car.

Magnex, K-tec or Supersprint

4) How does the De-cat compare to the sports cat and what about noise levels?

dont know really, de-cat will increase noise levels.

5) Where can the rsport ecu be purchased from - does anybody have dyno graphs of the results?

purchased from R-sport (do a search) - no dynos that I know of.

p.s. What an excellent forum - replies fly in quickly round here - must get my membership sent off - cheers guys.

we aim to please!

p.p.s Do 172/Cup/182 owners do the wave/light flash acknowledgements that other marques owners do such as Scoobies do?

of course! And not just 172/182/Cup either - any smart Clio!

excuse me... no one mentioned the brakes...

all of the above + brake upgrade to grooved disks & carbon pads. (speak to Julian at team griffin racing)

:)

/y0z

From what I know about the Sport 172/Cup.

- Bilstein shocks/Eibach springs
- Braded brake lines
- N-Group brake disks
- Ferodo DS2500 or Pagid RS 4.2 (blue) brake pads
- Ecu remapping and decat (noisy & warranty loss)
- Replacement filter in the original airbox with better adjustment of both air intakes behind the front bumper grid

In terms of lap times, some driver training will make more difference than any of the mods added together.

Dave

Dont hide the exhaust ;) Go for one cut in to the bumber looks mint when done properly ;) And better than the wheel barrel handles on the 182 :D:D And i can say that eibach springs definatly improve the cars handleing. Best place for the rsport ecu seems to be hillpower @ hillpower.co.uk contact nick he really knows his stuff and a top block.

http://www.shareordie.com/cliosport/rear.jpg

[Edited by TheRonin_172 on 01 June 2004 at 2:08pm]