ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Delivery Millage

mine was 7, all depends where you got it from, sometimes if a dealer say has three branches in relatively close proximity then all cars may be delivered to one and driven to the correct branch, however this is very unusual.

well, i really dont see 47 as high, seeing as they do come from another country.

we imose a limit of 200k delivery mies as its got to go through inspections, off the boat, driven round lots, all sorts.....so its not really important is it?

Mine had around 7 on it. My brother has a golf on order been sat at the garage now for a few weeks, but not getting until march. Heard that on the golf they can reset the milage 3 times unless it goes over 80 miles. Got to watch out for it being used a show car. I would be well pissed of if the car has 200 miles especially as im restricted to 36000 over three years. I wouldnt take it if it had over 200 on the clock.

Clio 200 FF

i used to deliver new cars nationwide a while ago, some fleet companies wouldnt want it driven to customer if mileage exceeded 200 miles so it would have to be transported on trailer. Some private customers didnt mind mileage as they thought they wouldnt have to run it in by the time they got it, now if it was you delivering a brand new jag xkr would you run it in below 3000 revs - er yes of course i did :devilish:

GR7

Shiny red R32

I had 3 miles on mine one year ago now I have 3,334 miles.

Quote: Originally posted by Cup172 on 12 February 2003

My brother has a golf on order been sat at the garage now for a few weeks, but not getting until march. Heard that on the golf they can reset the milage 3 times unless it goes over 80 miles. Got to watch out for it being used a show car. I would be well pissed of if the car has 200 miles especially as im restricted to 36000 over three years. I wouldnt take it if it had over 200 on the clock.
Cup172

You mentioned that your brother is waiting for a Golf. Did you see Watchdog last night? Much of it concerned VW / Audi Group dodgy (ignition, I think) coils breaking up and most of the modern cars apparently have four of them one guy had bought six new big Audis for his company and five of them had busted coils and the guy whose Audi was the sixth one refused to drive it and got a hire car instead. It is going to take about six weeks to obtain parts and to fix then and it involves THOUSANDS of cars including Audi TTs, all other Audis, Golfs, Passats etc.

Another feature concerned the Ford Focus, last week a couple reported that their Focus had lost its power and it careered over the edge of Porlock Hill in Somerset, thankfully rolling over bushes, small trees etc rather than over the rocky cliffs, otherwise they would have been goners. The bushes protected the car so both were OK. After they reported this item, about 280 other Focus owners had contacted Watchdog with exactly the same total power loss.

A representative from Ford appeared on the programme and they are to contact the 280 owners and try to solve the problem.

A short while ago, Watchdog featured an item about the locks on all VW / Audi group cars, as owners were locking, alarming and immobilising their cars, only to find that they were being opened really easily just by poking something into the drivers door lock, which then slid down the window allowing easy entry and golf clubs etc were being stolen.

I dont know if the problems have been sorted yet, but early on, some owners had to fork out over £1,000 to get new locks fitted, until Watchdog revealed the enormity of the problem, which showed that identical components had been used in all of these cars, so that they were all easy to break into.

7 seems to be the norm! there was three other cars on the frount of the forcourt for collection that day too so i assume that these had been delivered on a wagon or something! i think mine had been used to demo!

Anyway when i tested the cup for the first time the sales guy who was out with let me thrash it and he and his fellow sales peeps were taking the demo home ...and it had about 300 miles on it! and when i say thrashing i mean thrashing! wouldnt recomend buying a demo car from any dealer!

Dont buy a demo!

at toyota ours get delivered to a compound then drove to one of the six near garages always have about 8 miles on. not sure about renault but all toyotas dont require running in as they are done at factory on a bench. still smell abit when hammered though.