ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dell 1545 - USB problems....

Ive been having problems with my USB....ah slots with the laptop for about a month now,
9 times out of 10 when you turn on the laptop it won't read any USB:(
And if you go into device manager all the USB drivers have a yellow Question mark on them like the drivers aren't installed

I've updated all the drivers,bios,windows update also scanned for virus's,

Still no good:(

The laptop is 1.5 years old and it's running windows 7.

Anybody got any ideas?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I had this problem when I reinstalled windows xp on a vista machine, can't remember how I fixed it though... I'll think and get back to you.

Installed the chipset driver, restarted the laptop and it was working perfect......
until I restarted and the problem is still there:/

Any other drivers that might be part of the USB?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I wouldn't always expect the ones from Dell to be the best ones.

See what make/model the drivers display...then go to the company's (who make the hardware...eg. Intel) and install them from there...sometimes the company's drivers are newer than Dell.

thanks scope:)
will try it later on tonight
its a newer version alright from the dell one(8.7.0.1007, A00) and the one from intel is (9.3.0.1019)
its also 3 years newer so it should fix it,

I wouldn't always expect the ones from Dell to be the best ones.

See what make/model the drivers display...then go to the company's (who make the hardware...eg. Intel) and install them from there...sometimes the company's drivers are newer than Dell.

thanks for the tip don:)