ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dell outlet?

Polo + Micra
has anyone used the dell outlet before?

i'm looking for a new laptop and was looking at the dell outlet

i know the are refurb laptops but i'd have thought they would come in a fairly decent state but i supose you have to take what you get.

there were some decent ones on there a week ago but they have seem to have all gone now:dapprove:

Polo + Micra
yeah but there doesn't seem to many of them on there

you seem to be able to get a fairly good deal on a certified refurb one

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've used them before and the laptop arrived as new, I'd never have known if it was a refurb or not.

Better than yours. C*nt.
NDC are alright as well - got a few Latitudes from them now. Some have Dell warranty, some have NDC warranty, but all are a lot cheaper than new...

Polo + Micra
NDC are alright as well - got a few Latitudes from them now. Some have Dell warranty, some have NDC warranty, but all are a lot cheaper than new...

yeah had a look on there but there wasn't any with a decent spec

think i'm going to get one from the outlet once i see one with a spec close to what i want

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Bought a laptop for my folks from the outlet, was a great buy and nothing wrong with it.

Polo + Micra
this spec ok for £650?

Operating System
Windows Vista® Home Premium
Memory

6144MB (1x2048 + 1x4096) 800MHz DDR2 Dual Channel
Hard Disk Drive

320GB HD 5400
Video

Graphics 256 MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3650
Certified Refurbished

Certified Refurbished
NoteBook Screen

Display 17.0 Widescreen WXGA+ Truelife CCFL
System Color

Jet Black Colour Matte Finish
MISC

MS Vista Premium Logo Label NB (small)
Wireless Intel WiFi Link 5100
Keyboard Internal UK English Qwerty
Battery Primary 9-cell 85W/HR LI-ION
Wireless Europe Dell Bluetooth 370 Card
Base

Studio 1737 Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.40GHz,1066MHz,3MB)
Media Bay

DVD+/-RW

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
One of the IT guys in here may confirm - or dispute - this, but is 6 gig of RAM not useless in a 32bit OS? Or is pro 64bit?

Polo + Micra
well it means i've got it if i install a 64bit os at a later date

plus you have to take what they have got lol

Chelsea tractor
32bit operating systems have a total limit of 4GB usable memory. So if you have a 512MB gfx card, you will only see 3.5GB usable in Windows. But quite why you'd need much more is another question!

Dell outlet are pretty good, have had a couple of things from there before and they have been as good as new. As someone above said, they can be cancelled orders and such like, but even a refurb just means that whatever was broken has been replaced with a new part!