ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dell outlet?

Polo + Micra
has anyone used the dell outlet before?

i'm looking for a new laptop and was looking at the dell outlet

i know the are refurb laptops but i'd have thought they would come in a fairly decent state but i supose you have to take what you get.

there were some decent ones on there a week ago but they have seem to have all gone now:dapprove:

Polo + Micra
yeah but there doesn't seem to many of them on there

you seem to be able to get a fairly good deal on a certified refurb one

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've used them before and the laptop arrived as new, I'd never have known if it was a refurb or not.

Better than yours. C*nt.
NDC are alright as well - got a few Latitudes from them now. Some have Dell warranty, some have NDC warranty, but all are a lot cheaper than new...

Polo + Micra
NDC are alright as well - got a few Latitudes from them now. Some have Dell warranty, some have NDC warranty, but all are a lot cheaper than new...

yeah had a look on there but there wasn't any with a decent spec

think i'm going to get one from the outlet once i see one with a spec close to what i want

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Bought a laptop for my folks from the outlet, was a great buy and nothing wrong with it.

Polo + Micra
this spec ok for £650?

Operating System
Windows Vista® Home Premium
Memory

6144MB (1x2048 + 1x4096) 800MHz DDR2 Dual Channel
Hard Disk Drive

320GB HD 5400
Video

Graphics 256 MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3650
Certified Refurbished

Certified Refurbished
NoteBook Screen

Display 17.0 Widescreen WXGA+ Truelife CCFL
System Color

Jet Black Colour Matte Finish
MISC

MS Vista Premium Logo Label NB (small)
Wireless Intel WiFi Link 5100
Keyboard Internal UK English Qwerty
Battery Primary 9-cell 85W/HR LI-ION
Wireless Europe Dell Bluetooth 370 Card
Base

Studio 1737 Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.40GHz,1066MHz,3MB)
Media Bay

DVD+/-RW

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
One of the IT guys in here may confirm - or dispute - this, but is 6 gig of RAM not useless in a 32bit OS? Or is pro 64bit?

Polo + Micra
well it means i've got it if i install a 64bit os at a later date

plus you have to take what they have got lol

Chelsea tractor
32bit operating systems have a total limit of 4GB usable memory. So if you have a 512MB gfx card, you will only see 3.5GB usable in Windows. But quite why you'd need much more is another question!

Dell outlet are pretty good, have had a couple of things from there before and they have been as good as new. As someone above said, they can be cancelled orders and such like, but even a refurb just means that whatever was broken has been replaced with a new part!