ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Delocking a MK1 Tailgate?

BMW M3 - For Sale!
can anyone tell me whats needed and how to fit a push button thingy into my car so that i can smooth off the lock from my tailgate and open it from inside the car?

Clio mk1 1.2
buy the max power haynes manual modding book mate, basically you need to weld over the holes filler and get it sprayed and then you can fit a popper of some sort

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
as said above i was advised from the guys on williamsclio that the best way to rig it up was to follow the step guide in the haynes max power manual

i think you wire it to the window motor and use a soleniod

mate i have also got a tailgate you can use...i posted it in your wanted thread

BMW M3 - For Sale!
oh bloody hell i'll have to go buy the manual then! where do i buy a solenoid?
also, how do i wire it to the window motor? or is that in the book too?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
am not sure on the window motor bit..but solenoid i think is from a diy place if not a motor spares place.....

get a manual off ebay second hand or summit.....or get someone to scan the pages for you

renault clio 1.9d
i did mine all i did was wire in a poitive from the wiper motor an run the cable down the side of the car, mounted my switch were i wanted it an earthed it onto a bolt underneath the plastic trim on the carpet peice of cake also helps if u got a central lockin motor off ure car u gotta mount th@ facing up towards the lock so it pulls it up shud take about one hour or 2 to do hope this is any help

Clio mk1 1.2
they tell you how to do it int he book and u wire it up 2 the rear wiper usin ur central locking or somethin im doin it 2 my car except mine hasnt got central locking

BMW M3 - For Sale!
thanks guys, i'll have to get hold of a manual then and i'll let you know how it goes

Clio mk1 1.2
i have got mine if u want it mate brand new basically jsut taken out of plastic wrapper and used once if you want it make me an offer and its urs

and you can glue a metal plate over the lock hole from the inside. this stops the boot lid from rippling due to heat. use proper body panel glue. then just skim the hole with filler.

BMW M3 - For Sale!
maxiboy, i dont understand? - i'm gonna get a bodyshop to take the lock out and fill it, then paint it.
are u sayin how i could do it myself?

Is it possible to wire up the popper without using the rear wiper though? I can't see where to feed it through the bodywork and car without ripping half the interior out...

you can stick a metal plate in rather than welding skim with filler. easy. the spraying bit not as easy. depends on your skill. lock only held in with a clip. metal plate glue easy. filler and spraying not as easy. even if you take it to a good body shop they might glue the lock over. it saves time and causes less damage to the surrounding area making for smaller easy repair.

fiesta
sticking it in is bodge mate, someone could come along with a screwdriver and push it thorugh, when delocking always get the hole welded up, it might save time in the first place but not in the long run, any proper bodyshop will never just stick it in, they will always weld it in

they now use glues when making new cars instead of welding. you can use liquid metal to fix cracks in engine blocks. try pusning that in with a screw driver. i am not talking pitt stick or alradite but the new glues that ford use to fit the wings on there cars. welding crates heat and distortion on flat panels. any way up to you. and my proper bodyshop use them move with the times.