ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dent/damage removal?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
IMG_2039.JPG
IMG_2043.JPG
Just noticed this on my car..

There is a silver 4x4 thing who lives opposite and a builder a few doors down heard a crunch then saw a silver 4x4 drive off.

Not on a replaceable panel, and right on that crease. Really gutted! What can be done?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That's a right sh1t place to have a dent. What can you see with the light cluster removed?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Gutted for you buddy.

That is a bdeep crease but could pop back but out the paint will probably crack as it goes back :(

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Well that's s**t! I'd check over the 4x4 when it comes back, and just ask them if they hit your car. Probably deny it if they were happy to drive off though. Cnuts

RB Clio 182
Take the rear light out and see if you can pop in back out mate, what a shitter!

Hopefully if the paint isnt cracked maybe a pdr guy might be able to sort it.

dan's cast offs.
and half decent pdy guy will be able to sort that out. then bit of paint and bob's your uncle.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks all. Waiting for the bloke to come back and i'll knock on his door. Surely it will need blending in across the boot and the rear side?

Not sure if this is silver paint or down to the metal on mine? Dont want to try and rub anything off yet.

IMG_2044.PNG

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Thanks all. Waiting for the bloke to come back and i'll knock on his door. Surely it will need blending in across the boot and the rear side?

Not sure if this is silver paint or down to the metal on mine? Dont want to try and rub anything off yet.

View attachment 1351882
Having seen a few scraped cars, looks like silver paint to me!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Old bloke has admitted it was him. He said 'oh i got ever so close but was certain I didnt hit it', and then there is a scuff and a bit of my paint on the part which holds the wheels on the back of his 4x4.

He has agreed to pay a quote, just annoying that it wont be back to what it was, as such.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Old bloke has admitted it was him. He said 'oh i got ever so close but was certain I didnt hit it', and then there is a scuff and a bit of my paint on the part which holds the wheels on the back of his 4x4.

He has agreed to pay a quote, just annoying that it wont be back to what it was, as such.

Wow. Good that he admitted it and agreed to pay! Who knew there are still some decent people out there!

Shame about the damage nevertheless

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks @General Dave - will definitely fire over some pics.

Just went to a local bodyshop down by Sainsburys in Fareham. They stated the dent would be pushed out, a very very small amount of filler, and then the whole rear 1/4 would need to be painted.. 6 hours and £390.

Seem accurate? I will look around reviews etc first before committing to anyone. Only asked them as I was passing.

dan's cast offs.
don't forget to add £100 c#nt tax for him doing one and trying to get away with it!!!!!

Monaco 172

Just went to a local bodyshop down by Sainsburys in Fareham. They stated the dent would be pushed out, a very very small amount of filler, and then the whole rear 1/4 would need to be painted.. 6 hours and £390.

Seem accurate? I will look around reviews etc first before committing to anyone. Only asked them as I was passing.

You're welcome mate.

Was that airport bodyshop in Fareham ?

That's a good price but are they any good, no reason why you shouldn't get a quote from Renault.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
To echo others, that'll be fine at a decent paint place you won't tell there was a mark.

Nice that the guy admitted to it. Tbh it would be silly to cause a neighbourly feud over the sake of a few hundred quid for some damage you caused.

Don't be silly and take the car to a main dealer. Ask around (ask a mechanic you trust) for a good body shop and get a quote if you don't like the look of the place you got a quote from. £400 sounds fair give or take..

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That's nasty looking, but good the old guy admitted it. You might want to let him know the quote you've had already to see if that's in the range he was expecting to pay. He may not be so generous if it's double what he's expecting!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry for the late post mate. Looks pretty straight forwZrd and the 6 hours looks accurate enough I'd probably have looked at 7 possible.

Is the old guy okay'd paying for it?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Awaits the 'I've got a quote, told him how much it'll be and he's now saying he won't pay that much' 😂

In seriousness, hope you get it sorted without too much hassle.
"Oh I thought it would be a hundred quid....I cant afford that....."

Been there, got that t-shirt!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Going to ask a few more people on Monday and then get a written quote. Seems annoying that I have to be without a car for two days and do all the leg work for his accident!!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yeah i know that mate, just a pain!

@General Dave ERB have got back to me and quoted 'roughly £350'. Price obviously isnt an issue as it isnt me paying. Their work looks good on their website too.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Bye! :cry:

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan, never had a car in a bodyshop. Trying to get a deal on wheel refurb too.

IMG_2058.JPG
IMG_2059.JPG