ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser pulley?. Should it have been changed when cambelt was done?

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
As some may know I've had a lot of trouble with my K4m engine over the last year. With my water pump going causing the cambelt too slip so had all that replaced, recently in the last couple of weeks I've had more unnerving noises from belt area Turned out my alternator had died. Now yesterday more noises and the only thing I can put it down to Is the dephaser pulley. Should this have been replaced when camber was done, all my invoice says is cambelt kit. Anyway listen too video and give your opinion as I'm near the point of getting rid now just been a money pit recently and hardly ever use it

Attachments

• VIDEO0026.mp4
    24 MB

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
What engine is it?

Don’t recall any of the k4m petrols having vvt in the mk2.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It's says it's a K4m744 if that means anything

Doesn’t have a Dephaser then, you can use this image to check just incase it’s had anything changed.
1599395589830.jpeg

Difficult to tell anything from that video, if it’s started running badly after a belt change then potentially they’ve timed it up wrong.

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Well that's something too tick off the list then. It isn't affecting the drive at all just that it's an awful noise made worse when accelerating just worried it's going too kill all the parts I've paid out for especially the alternator last week which wasn't cheap

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
But the water pump was replaced to my knowledge as I said it went causing the cambelt too slip. Could it go again if there was an underlying issue?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
But the water pump was replaced to my knowledge as I said it went causing the cambelt too slip. Could it go again if there was an underlying issue?
cheap water pump possibly just on its way out or wrong/dirty coolant?

sludgy coolant that wasnt flushed out properly would cause premature wear on a new pump.

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
OK will take it back sometime this week and see what happens. Would it wear it out in roughly 10-12 months ?can't think exactly when it was done but was late last year

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Small update on this. Haven't had time too get it into garage this week. Had too drive it last night and it only starts making the noise when it's up to temperature. Am I going too damage anything else by driving with a potentially damaged water pump.?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
If it seizes it could take the aux belt with it and that means possible chew into cambelt and many bent valves. So yeah it's a risk running the engine with any untoward noises coming from the belts area