ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Mito Sportiva 135
Potentially mate although I'm not about much this weekend and want to get the boots from Trials first. Up for it otherwise though!

White APE
Finally got my mitts on word of Crota last night. Also got no land beyond but already have it and don't rate it. Still trying to get hold of a vision and a gjally.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Coolio. We've got no nick or dazzy as they're on holiday.
I'll see if Chris' mate Greg is about too.
Cool. If we get desperate we might be able to use LFG or something - Nick will be furious if we do it, as it means someone else might get a Fatebringer

White APE
Still waiting on a gjally, so the dreamwaker has been my launcher of choice. Doing various raids and PoE yesterday and I got 4 more of the f**king things!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Still waiting on a gjally, so the dreamwaker has been my launcher of choice. Doing various raids and PoE yesterday and I got 4 more of the f**king things!
A 365 Hunger of Crota is my launcher. It's good, but not Gjallahorn good :(

White APE
Don't have hunger yet. Saying that I just switched to my Titan that I haven't used in yonks and ran Crota and look what I got...a hunger! Granted it's no Gally but it's a step in the right direction.

Mito Sportiva 135
Last night I went on to have a quick go on trials, to try and go flawless - however, despite my note on LFG for good/experienced players I kept getting requests from absolute n00bs. I'm not great at PVP but I'm not bad and can hold my own and, vitally, communicate. These chumps couldn't do either. Just getting to 5 wins was much more challenging than it should be. To top it off, we were 4-2 on matches and winning 4-3, but our team mate good booted. It went to 4-4 and then at match point, I got a snipe kill but was taken down. They revived their mate and charged so 3 on 1, but my team mate revived me and I somehow managed to kill all 3 with a grenade combo/thorn. It was probably more satisfying than going flawless!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Last night I went on to have a quick go on trials, to try and go flawless - however, despite my note on LFG for good/experienced players I kept getting requests from absolute n00bs. I'm not great at PVP but I'm not bad and can hold my own and, vitally, communicate. These chumps couldn't do either. Just getting to 5 wins was much more challenging than it should be. To top it off, we were 4-2 on matches and winning 4-3, but our team mate good booted. It went to 4-4 and then at match point, I got a snipe kill but was taken down. They revived their mate and charged so 3 on 1, but my team mate revived me and I somehow managed to kill all 3 with a grenade combo/thorn. It was probably more satisfying than going flawless!
I've never done Trials, mainly because I couldn't bring myself to burden 2 other people with my uselessness at PvP. I'd love to give it a go though!

Mito Sportiva 135
It can be pretty tough! I was rusty to begin with as hadn't done much PVP for a while (plus my connection isn't great) but got a lot better now. I'd start by doing more general PVP practice in the week to learn the maps and improve your speed and then give it a few goes. I know a lot of people don't like it as you can get whipped but it's satisfying once you get better at it.

GTD, Lupo
With trials it's purely a case of practice makes perfect. I played a lot over the last couple of days, roughly 50-60 games and managed to win almost all of them. I think we lost around 5 games. We helped two people get to the light house that have never gone flawless before so that was nice. One of them sounded like he was going to cry, I can't believe that people are paying for people to carry them it's crazy.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I've not even played it yet. Wouldn't mind giving it a try at some point.

Just need to get skolas done before the new dlc and 1st year is done.

Mito Sportiva 135
I Still can't believe that game where we had to play double rounds. Ridiculous!

Be good to have another stab next weekend anyway, thanks for the invite last night.

It's iron banner again this week I think too

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Well I'm glad I kept hold of that exotic bounty for Thorn. Was in the zone last night on Crucible, and smashed through it to get about 280 points in around 10-12 games.
Just need to finish off the last bit now to get the gun. I've been waiting frickin' months to complete this bounty, and it's only been in the last 4 weeks that I've been able to crack on with it due to having all Void weapons.

Does anyone who has completed it remember if the final mission needs to be run solo, or can it be done as a fireteam?
@Brand86 @Gorms

Mito Sportiva 135
Is that the one where you have to kill the guy near Phogoth? If so you can do it in a fireteam mate (best way!)

Mito Sportiva 135
Ha. I will be on about 10ish. I need to get the final piece of titan armour from trials this week and think it's iron banner too - if so could be a busy week!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Ha. I will be on about 10ish. I need to get the final piece of titan armour from trials this week and think it's iron banner too - if so could be a busy week!
I didn't see that it was Iron Banner, I wasn't particularly looking for it though!

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't think it's open yet - I only saw it on the Bungie website last night. Probably won't open until later today if so. I'd rather it was next weekend though, but with just 1 character you can get up to level 5 pretty quickly if you have all the items (shader, emblem, class item)

White APE
Well I'm glad I kept hold of that exotic bounty for Thorn. Was in the zone last night on Crucible, and smashed through it to get about 280 points in around 10-12 games.
Just need to finish off the last bit now to get the gun. I've been waiting frickin' months to complete this bounty, and it's only been in the last 4 weeks that I've been able to crack on with it due to having all Void weapons.

Does anyone who has completed it remember if the final mission needs to be run solo, or can it be done as a fireteam?
@Brand86 @Gorms

I ran it solo. As long as you follow the simple steps it's easy enough.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think it's open yet - I only saw it on the Bungie website last night. Probably won't open until later today if so. I'd rather it was next weekend though, but with just 1 character you can get up to level 5 pretty quickly if you have all the items (shader, emblem, class item)
I have a single bounty for Iron Banner, I didn't complete it last time. I'm so s**t at it, haha

Mito Sportiva 135
Iron Banner is something which anyone can do if you just stick at it, it's not that hard.
If you're struggling with that I definitely would do a bit more training before Trials! It's a lot harder

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Iron Banner is something which anyone can do if you just stick at it, it's not that hard.
If you're struggling with that I definitely would do a bit more training before Trials! It's a lot harder
It's just another version of crucible isn't it? But just all Control?
I've played it a fair bit. Not sure what rank I am on there now though.

Mito Sportiva 135
It resets each time - so you'll be level 0 again!
Yes just control, but with nightfall + 3 items + the token thing you can easily go up 1 or 2 levels in a day. You get more XP later in the week too. Some of my friends go to level 5 with 3 characters each time and they're not great at PVP

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
It resets each time - so you'll be level 0 again!
Yes just control, but with nightfall + 3 items + the token thing you can easily go up 1 or 2 levels in a day. You get more XP later in the week too. Some of my friends go to level 5 with 3 characters each time and they're not great at PVP
Oh really? Never knew that!
3 items and the token thing?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I meant being s**t at PvP in general. To be fair, its just because I'm too lazy to switch from my Sunsinger Warlock, so I'm going to be useless

Mito Sportiva 135
Nearly got up to lever 2 on IB last night despite not completing 2 bounties, will crack on later and do another 34 if I get time too. Will you be on later Mark? Did you finish the bounty last night?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Nearly got up to lever 2 on IB last night despite not completing 2 bounties, will crack on later and do another 34 if I get time too. Will you be on later Mark? Did you finish the bounty last night?
Yes mate, I'll be on. Not sure how late as I have to be up at 4am tomorrow though :(