ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Mito Sportiva 135
I played some IB last night after a few glasses of wine. Worst decision ever. I don't think I got above .6 KD in 5 games and had to retire myself ahead of schedule

Mito Sportiva 135
It's cool I came back sober last night and smashed it out - got k/d of 8.0 on one so counterbalanced some of the previous night's efforts!

Did you defeat Skolas in the end Mark?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It's cool I came back sober last night and smashed it out - got k/d of 8.0 on one so counterbalanced some of the previous night's efforts!

Did you defeat Skolas in the end Mark?
Nah, we had connection problems, and only made it as far as round 4 - I wasn't on last night!

Mito Sportiva 135
Ah. Like I said, up to Skolas is the warm-up! Skolas can easily take as long or longer than the other rounds combined. There might be 6 rounds on the 35 too? Can't remember. It's a pile of s**t anyway lol.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Ah. Like I said, up to Skolas is the warm-up! Skolas can easily take as long or longer than the other rounds combined. There might be 6 rounds on the 35 too? Can't remember. It's a pile of s**t anyway lol.
Yeah, think it's 6, so JP told me anyway. I only intend on finishing it once, to complete the Year 1 stuff! I can't see it happening though :(

Mito Sportiva 135
For anyone who is interested in Trials of Osiris, either new people or even veterans, I would recommend going on Twitch and following a channel called Andrewedeza. The guy is absolutely sick and will help you go flawless too. Amazing to watch and really nice guy too. Let me know if you go, seriously recommended lads

Mito Sportiva 135
So the latest news from Bungie is that all existing Legendary gear WON'T be upgradable to the new damage max once Taken King is out (or future expansions). That's basically just ruined the whole thing for me. Goodbye Fatebringer.

What is worse is that I don't even have the vault space to store them for memory's sake.

Worst. Idea. EVER. Presumably only done to make it more accessible for new players, but screwing over all existing players.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I also read level progression will be going back to XP based, rather than f**king stupid light, which is good. May actually encourage me to play again (and spend yet more money on parts of Destiny)

Mito Sportiva 135
I think it will be more XP levelling plus light ascension.
I just can't believe all the time spent in raids, all the time in trials, grinding for materials and glimmer was basically a waste of time.
They have absolutely fcked up this model. All year one players get is a bl00dy shader!

Mito Sportiva 135
Right, I was wrong. All levelling will be based on XP, so in theory I guess you can wear whatever you like. Essentially, it sounds like year one players are getting screwed still. I hope I'm wrong though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah there will - but still want a bigger vault to keep all my old beloved weapons in. Fatebringer, Vision, Word, Blackhammer etc are all weapons I just like using so don't want that taken away. Plus old armour which I've ascended simply because it looks cool or has unique perks on. I hope Bungie can explain the upgrade system a bit better as the Bungie forum is exploding with angry threads on this right now

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
You're not getting screwed, though. You played for a year, probably got more than your moneys worth for £/per hour for the entertainment, and now you'll pay more money and get more entertainment.

The angry people need some perspective

Mito Sportiva 135
I have spent 1,000+ hours on this game since September. It's been the only game I've played and really enjoyed it. The fact is if I enjoy using a weapon I want to keep using it unless a better one comes along. Not stop using it because Bungie think we should. Why bother with the etheric light and upgrading old weapons, if 3 months later they change their mind and decide actually they want to change the core game mechanics yet again.

Considering cancelling my pre order now as I've had enough of Bungie disrespecting their loyal gamer's time invested in the game - it's all about getting new players in. I totally appreciate Activision probably influence their decisions to try and create a model which maximises revenue, but if they want this game to last 10 years they need to make a game which follows a 10 year journey, not 10 x 1 year games

GTD, Lupo
The thing you need to remember Brando is that the people like you and me who have put 1400+ 😊 hrs into the game are the minority, and although we spend a lot of time on it... 9.5 million other people registered and play and 99.9% of them will be casuals with less than 500hrs since launch.

As for the weapons/armour... I'm not all that bothered, there is going to be a massive array of new items and almost everything will have an equal or successor to what you currently have. With the impending weapons patch a lot of the weapons are going to take a massive hit anyway. A lot of the weapons were down on power when TDB dropped and people still rocked fatebringer with no issues.

As for the way we level stuff up, this needed to change. I started HoW 3 days late and after 8 hours i had 3 level 34s and it was all over. As for etheric light I'm sinking in the stuff and i don't even play PVE. I think i have 40+ now just from trials alone and the odd nightfall. The same thing would happen again and people would make 36 in the first day. They can't just add another material as thats getting a little boring now after the introduction of so many others (etheric light, accident energy, shards, exotic shards...) introduction of the EXP system again will make levelling up and playing the PVE side of the game worth while again... or at least until you max out your level.

On the plus side there will be new sub classes, game modes, raid, maps, missions, weapons, armour...

I will miss the launch by 6 weeks due to work but I'm still going to get my copy. I have lost a little interest in the game and it does need a good shake up and i don't think this will be bad for the game.

Mito Sportiva 135
You make some good points Paul. Essentially I just want my Fatebringer and for the Trials armour to still be top tier, as it looks cool. I guess if the game is going to last 10 years then it's best to make the more radical changes now, just as long as they don't change the mechanics again for the next expansion

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The thing you need to remember Brando is that the people like you and me who have put 1400+ 😊 hrs into the game are the minority, and although we spend a lot of time on it... 9.5 million other people registered and play and 99.9% of them will be casuals with less than 500hrs since launch.
^This.

I so very badly wanted to enjoy this game. I bought it at launch and then had to wait around 9 weeks before I could even get past the loading screen due to Bee, Wasp, Aardvark, whatever errors. As a result I've not really been back and played it in depth. I'm hoping the new changes / content might entice me back.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
There's no way Destiny lasts 10 years and still resembles what it did a year ago, nor should anyone expect it to. They need to keep it interesting by changing things up.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
You make some good points Paul. Essentially I just want my Fatebringer and for the Trials armour to still be top tier, as it looks cool. I guess if the game is going to last 10 years then it's best to make the more radical changes now, just as long as they don't change the mechanics again for the next expansion
I see your point, in fairness. I'm glad they've brought back XP to level, but I am disappointed that weapons I've upgraded through the first 2 expansions will be useless in a month.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah - it just seems Bungie changes the mechanics and balancing due to player pressure, and then once they make a change they realise it unbalances something else, so have to make more changes. Whilst I like positive changes, I don't like them to appease whiners (ironic as I am now whining! :smile: ) or basically a domino effect of changes which means things you've earnt become obsolete because it might mean it puts off new players. Each time it doesn't feel like the ceiling has been raised, but the walls are moved.

On the plus side, I've started deleting some ugly old weapons like Murmur, which I never use and look/feel poor.

GTD, Lupo
To be honest my vault is full of crap. I just keep stuff I case it becomes good in the future but it will be nice to have a good clean out.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I have loads of guns which are good in theory, in reality its Fatebringer/Word/Vision, Blackhammer/Her Benevolence/Longbow Synthesis, Gjallahorn 90% of the time!
I'm going to install Destiny Item Manager on Chrome later and sort out all my gear through that. Saw you and Mark were on VOG last night? I need to play that again, it's really fun - still the best PVE part of the game

Mito Sportiva 135
That loadout is obvs PVE. In PVP it's even more limited: Thorn, Her Benevolence/Party Crasher, Radegast's Fury

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I have loads of guns which are good in theory, in reality its Fatebringer/Word/Vision, Blackhammer/Her Benevolence/Longbow Synthesis, Gjallahorn 90% of the time!
I'm going to install Destiny Item Manager on Chrome later and sort out all my gear through that. Saw you and Mark were on VOG last night? I need to play that again, it's really fun - still the best PVE part of the game
Yeah, we were in VoG HM, Paul jumped in and helped us while we were at Atheon.

Raiding is really the only bit I enjoy. Tried to do 35 PoE this afternoon and got thumped.

I'll gladly run through VoG again if you want to do it mate!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I might be up for it tomorrow. Still doing Trials just to get the rocket launcher and aiming for the Messenger in void - although if you can't upgrade them in the expansion, maybe it's a total waste of time! I still need the fusion rifle from VOG, not that I ever use fusion rifles but like to complete the collection.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
@MarcJP I see Xur has your funky hunter boots. The extra jump ones.
Definitely buying those tonight.

His gun this week? Last Word Hand cannon..... FFS.
That's gash, I was quite happy being one of the few with them :(

I don't bother with Xur now to be fair, he won't ever drop Gjallahorn, so I don't need anything from him!

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Out of interest are there any other weapons that re gen ammo like icebreaker?
Invective shotgun can do this.
There's a few guns with perks that will refill the clip instantly too. Blackhammer for example (Legendary sniper from Crota), will refill the chamber if all 3 shots are precision shots.
Great for stuff like the big Fallen Walkers

White APE
Cheers for that. Just got the elder cypher after downing Qodron.

Still after fatebringer, tally, vision and black hammer.