ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Mito Sportiva 135
Sorry wasn't on much at all at the weekend. Played some TOO on Friday and that was it. Actually started playing Dragon Age again. I've got a few more weapons to level up but not really much else for me to do/get now before the new DLC.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Nightfall is easy this week - Archon Priest, with Solar & Arc Burn. Managed to solo it twice, and 2-man it a third time. s**t loot though :(

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool. How long did it take you? I'll be on later tonight. Although there is now nothing really in the game I want - for collection purposes all I need is the Praetarian Foil (it NEVER drops for me!), Trials shader, Trials ship and Tomorrow's Answer.

Mito Sportiva 135
I've got all the Iron Banner weapons - I've rerolled the rocket launcher so it has good perks but considering scrapping the rest. By the time I've got them with the perks I want for PVP, I would have spent millions of weapon parts, which I don't have. And even after the nerf, I'll probably still use Thorn...

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Cool. How long did it take you? I'll be on later tonight. Although there is now nothing really in the game I want - for collection purposes all I need is the Praetarian Foil (it NEVER drops for me!), Trials shader, Trials ship and Tomorrow's Answer.
About 30 minutes per run through?

I just need to get my Gally, and I'd like the Vision of Confluence. Other than that, it's just a 35 that I somehow need to get through :(

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah they've increased the drop rate for it 150%. I got one last night myself actually. Sadly it's a really poor gun. It even looks poor

White APE
Yeah, I farmed if and have got the eidolon ally now. Now just gotta rank it up and find a crux of Crota.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
They need to increase the drop rate of Gjallahorn - just for me! It's insane - it just won't drop!

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
They need to increase the drop rate of Gjallahorn - just for me! It's insane - it just won't drop!
It's weird and annoying how some weapons will drop plentifully, but then others not a peek.

Prime example is Nick and the gally, I've had multiple Truths, Dragon's Breath, Ice Breaker.
It is just pure luck.

Mito Sportiva 135
It's luck but some drops are more likely than others. The algorythm also seems really weird as once you get a drop, it seems more likely to get it again (or so it appears). E.g. I waited ages for Red Death then got 3 drops in a week.

Sorry I didn't make it to play Crota last night, I did the 34 then played some Dragon Age. Now I can do all the crafting the game seems a lot better!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It's luck but some drops are more likely than others. The algorythm also seems really weird as once you get a drop, it seems more likely to get it again (or so it appears). E.g. I waited ages for Red Death then got 3 drops in a week.

Sorry I didn't make it to play Crota last night, I did the 34 then played some Dragon Age. Now I can do all the crafting the game seems a lot better!
Nah it's fine, I think we were done within 45 minutes anyway!

I need to pick up the Witcher 3 again, all I'm playing is Destiny right now!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Xur has gjallerhorn apparently. I guess that's Destiny completed
May actually fire up Destiny and see if I have enough coins to buy it

Mito Sportiva 135
I now have 4 Gjallahorns...1 per character and 1 for posterity in the vault.

He is in the cantina this week, at the back

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I had to go do weekly strike to get the 1 coin I needed. f**king Omnigul.
I hope none of the regulars without Gjally aren't on holiday. I fear the internet may explode.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm sure it will! People who already had it are now complaining it will ruin the game - because they think their luck of it dropping makes them better players than those buying from Xur! Clowns

Mito Sportiva 135
Ok, how do I pre order the Digital version of TTK? When I go onto the Xbox store on my laptop it just says 'coming soon'? I want to pre order to get the bonus stuff (which is admitedly going to be s**t!)

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Ok, how do I pre order the Digital version of TTK? When I go onto the Xbox store on my laptop it just says 'coming soon'? I want to pre order to get the bonus stuff (which is admitedly going to be s**t!)

I've not been able to do it. I just pre ordered the game from shopto.net

Mito Sportiva 135
Is that just TTK or the pack with Destiny, TDB, HOW and TTK? My internet is slow so I wanted to pre order, get it downloaded in advance and then be able to play it on the 15th...

Also, it's not very clear if you buy the physical copy for £44 if you get the pre order content like the Suros pack, shaders, emblems etc?

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Is that just TTK or the pack with Destiny, TDB, HOW and TTK? My internet is slow so I wanted to pre order, get it downloaded in advance and then be able to play it on the 15th...

Also, it's not very clear if you buy the physical copy for £44 if you get the pre order content like the Suros pack, shaders, emblems etc?

It's the whole lot.

Edit: Now you mentioned the bonuses, I checked the Shopto gubbins...

"VIP REWARDS* If you have reached Light Level 30 by August 31, 2015 or previously purchased Expansion I and Expansion II, you will receive exclusive commemorative digital items. ***REQUIRES DESTINY, EXPANSION I: THE DARK BELOW, AND EXPANSION II: HOUSE OF WOLVES. SOLD SEPARATELY. **Early access to Weapons Pack and Suros Arsenal Pack available starting 09.15.15. Both can be attained by pre-order of digital and physical editions of Destiny: The Taken King or by the purchase of the digital or physical Collector’s Edition. Both can also be attained through gameplay starting on 01.01.16."

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
It's the whole lot.

Edit: Now you mentioned the bonuses, I checked the Shopto gubbins...

"VIP REWARDS* If you have reached Light Level 30 by August 31, 2015 or previously purchased Expansion I and Expansion II, you will receive exclusive commemorative digital items. ***REQUIRES DESTINY, EXPANSION I: THE DARK BELOW, AND EXPANSION II: HOUSE OF WOLVES. SOLD SEPARATELY. **Early access to Weapons Pack and Suros Arsenal Pack available starting 09.15.15. Both can be attained by pre-order of digital and physical editions of Destiny: The Taken King or by the purchase of the digital or physical Collector’s Edition. Both can also be attained through gameplay starting on 01.01.16."

I might just do like you then and get it on disc, at least I'll have the other 2 expansions physically too I suppose. Bit of a rip off mind - I can afford it I just don't like giving Activision free money

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I can sort of see people's point about Xur not previously giving the Gjallahorn away, it felt like an achievement when you got one (not that I knew how that feels!). Saying that, I'll still be buying 3!

How badly has it been nerfed?

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
I can sort of see people's point about Xur not previously giving the Gjallahorn away, it felt like an achievement when you got one (not that I knew how that feels!). Saying that, I'll still be buying 3!

How badly has it been nerfed?
Didn't he sell it originally though?

I'm not sure on the nerfing. I'm not sure if it was in last night's update though, as I couldn't see any mention of gun "properties" being changed.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't he sell it originally though?

I'm not sure on the nerfing. I'm not sure if it was in last night's update though, as I couldn't see any mention of gun "properties" being changed.
No idea mate, he may have done.

Looked up the nerf, they've reduced the Wolfpack(?) damage so I assume that's the clusters.

Mito Sportiva 135
It was on sale once before, in week 2. The nerf will reduce the wolfpack rounds damage, but it's not happening until the 2.2 update so you can enjoy it in the meantime (once you level it up).
I guess this has been done intentionally to appease people and get people excited ahead of the DLC

Mito Sportiva 135
Dunno, whenever I have something I want to level up quickly I just find some easy bounties then run through with all 3 characters. Shouldn't take you more than 2 days tops.

I've not played all weekend, just lost interest a bit as doesn't seem worthwhile doing anything now before the expansion. Might play some trials later only for the fun aspect.