ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destroyed by a ibiza cupra R

Lionel Richie
Hippy's is el rapido, Revo test car (LCR)

IMG_0072.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Petrol or diesel ?

The diesels are pretty rapid , 0-60 in about 7.9 seconds , tops out at 137 mph .

MrBillyUK !

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Aye it was an ibiza not a leon... Very quick low down, he pulled in every gr from 2 -5.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Damn rite i was! I got the power down first aswell

Got my inlets, decat and maxogen today so it's game on for round two.

Clio 172 Cup
I'm just home from a bit of fun with a mini cooper. I think the guy actually thought he had a chance too. Never underestimate the female driver!lol:p

SLK 350
Heres some info off that URL, maybe just a remapped Ibiza - how many lengths did it pull on you, and over what distance?

Edit* With the IK he'll spank you even more :)

Attachments

• tuning.jpg
    tuning.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 311

Lee

BMW M2C
I remember going to Santa Pod one weekend and Slugger and SpecialK were in the V6. An Ibiza Cupra was sat on their back bumper so Wayne booted it and it was still there, he moved over and it flew past. lol

Saw him later at Pod, can't remember what he was running, but it absolutely flew.

SLK 350
Technical Data
ENGINE
Ibiza Cupra R
Type
4 cylinders - 5 V
Effective displacement (cc)
Bore/ stroke (mm)
81 x 86.4
Compression ratio
Power output (kW/hp/rpm)
132/180/5600
Max. torque (Nm/rpm)
235/2100-5000
Fuel supply system
Multipoint injection, turbo
Ignition system
Electronically mapped
Fuel type
Unleaded gasoline 98
Emission control system
Cat+Lambda probe+injection pump+EGR+EGAS
PERFORMANCE

Top speed (km/h)
Acceleration 0-100 km/h (s)
Acceleration 1000 m (s)
SUSPENSION

Front
Independent McPherson struts, lower wishbones, anti-roll bar
Rear
Directional effect shaft, longitudinal arms
Steering system
Rack and pinion, power steering
Brake system
Diagonal split, twin circuit, brakes servo. ABS+ TCS + ESP
Front/ rear brakes
Selfvent. Disc/ disc
Wheels (")
7J x16"
Tyres
205/45 ZR 16
DIMENSIONS

Type
3 doors
Length/width/height (mm)
3876/1640/1422
Wheelbase (mm)
Track front/ rear (mm)
1435 / 1400
Fuel tank (l)
WEIGHTS

Kerb weight (kg)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
decent driver too, he was only just keeping up through the twisties. Humped coming out of dundee tho, Mega up hill tho...

SLK 350
Must have been tuned up somehow, cause the 0-62mph isn't blistering, and certianly not enough to pull a few lengths on you!

Whether a remap alone would give it that much advantage im unsure though?

My mate's got one that's been chipped, fast in a straight line but lost out through some corners as he couldn't put the power down on the exits, I think he's had the suspension done now so I expect it won't be so easy for me next time.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
ali, is your clio a phase 1 172 or phase 2 cause i need a decat for my phase 2 and dont know here to get one

172 PH1,Skoda oct VRS
i have a cupra r with 226bhp on a remap and exhaust, def would murder my 172. great cars not as good in the bends tho

RenaultSport clio 182
Probably had a revo remap!, my mate has one that has been revo'd (had it done in inverness) thing is rapid! kicks the 182 on the straights, not in the twistys though

182 Trophy 019/500
S90RT W said:
ali, is your clio a phase 1 172 or phase 2 cause i need a decat for my phase 2 and dont know here to get one

Try Janspeed mate. Got one on my 172 Cup. Highly recommend!!! :approve:

in b'ham area , had 1 behind me , couldn't shake him off ........let him pass in the end .god he was fast :eek:

Golf GT TDi 130
Wasn't a blue one with white wheels was it? Theres a 320(ish)bhp beast going about, think its in Scotland somewhere. Was on ebay a while ago.

Golf GTI Ed30
There's plenty of IHI'd ones out there guys.. 350bhp 310lb/ft + 1100kgs = 0-100 in 10 secs.. Ferrari Chasers, believe me!!!

A Fast One!
sounds realistic that one wasted you seeing a Revo-technik do a a remap giving an extra 50bhp for £500!!!!

i drove a revo'd one before i bought my CTR (couldnt afford it tho as they were brand new) and it was pretty mental as the turbo kicked in at 2250rpm so no wonder you found it pulled hard on you from 2nd-5th

Alex

LY 182
Probably because you have a 172, 182 and it would be a different story.

^^ Sorry about that I'm drunk, thought it was funny, it isn't.

Sounds like a a quick motor!

Last edited:
  Lux'd Glacier White R26
I was considering a Ibiza Cupra 1.8T and TDI before buying my 182, both rapid out of the box, but easily tunable by Revo or AMD for not that much money! The TDI version gets from 160bhp to 210bhp without to much fuss, and will a stupid amount of torque...Twisties is no contest, but they are stupidly quick if been tweaked...

Tyson.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Damn, these car sound like they can get massive gains for not much money.
Wish the clio was like that :( :p

I was looking at these before I bought my 172 but didnt bother because of bad reviews. Also even when revod to 207hp the power to weight ratio isnt anything special, a 182 cup is better on that aspect....

---------- Clio 182 ---- Ibiza Cupra r
weights ---1080kg -----1250kg
hp -------- 182 -------- 207
PTW ------ 169 -------- 166

I think I got the specs right, if any 1 wants to correct me feel free :eek:

although PTW isnt everything!

I'll vouch for them being rapid cars - petrol and diesel. My fiance's dad runs around in a Ibiza TDI with 130hp - basically a Fabia vRS in different clothes. And that's in addition to his wife's 172 and his own Boxster S - git. He claims in everyday driving the Ibiza feels as quick as the 172. Now I know that's because of the diesel's torque at much lower revs and that he's not revving the 172, but not everyone does in everyday driving. There's also the small matter of 55mpg in the Ibiza...

JabbaSport maps them to 220 BHP, they have the larger KO4 turbo from the TT 225 and LCR 210/225, not the KO3 from Octavia vRS etc, couple that with a good FMIC and they are very quick.

That's why I bought my VAG Skoda Fabia vRS, 130 bhp TDI. Ibiza Cupra Intake, Green Panel Filter and JabbaSport remap (custom rolling road) pumps out 195 bhp and 323 lb/ft of torque for £450 all fitted (with 10% Briskoda discount).

No N/A car can match that ease of tuning for such little outlay. That's a lot of BHP/Torque per £.

The Ibiza Cupra is rapid though, and with very little expense (£1200 by JabbaSport) can be taken to circa 250 bhp reliably. And the PD160 Ibiza (TDI) has larger turbo VNT17 IIRC, FMIC and better intake/mapping. That can easily be taken to 210 bhp reliably with good economy (40 mpg +), they can also be taken to 220-230 bhp for around £1200 with the addition of a Milltek/Blueflame exhaust and BMC Induction/Green Filter.

The STAR performance once is running 300 BHP approx, maybe more. I know they are working on a GT28RS turbo equivelant in it that JBS Auto Designs use in their 550 bhp Octavia vRS.

P.S. A standard PD130 diesel Fabia vRS/Ibiza TDI/Golf TDI will get anhilated by a 172/182 and my brothers 172 cup with a Hillpower Induction kit and no back seats is still quicker than my modestly ;) tuned Fabia vRS.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Blah blah blah! ^ lol

Nah it wan't the blue one Bri, he's based in aberdeen, silly low.

Hellfire - what sort of effect did going from 130bhp to 195bhp have on your insurance, if you don't mind me asking? And economy for that matter...

My other half's tempted by a quick/economical diesel for her next car and I'm pushing her towards a vRS/Ibiza.

Ally said:
Hellfire - what sort of effect did going from 130bhp to 195bhp have on your insurance, if you don't mind me asking? And economy for that matter...

My other half's tempted by a quick/economical diesel for her next car and I'm pushing her towards a vRS/Ibiza.

I am 21, 1 years NCB and 1 accident within the last 3 years and an SP30 (speeding).

When the car was standard, only Admiral would insure me at a reasonable price of £1050. Now it's modified, I have been in touch with GreenLight. All mods declared (springs, dampers, brakes, strut braces, I could go on...) It comes out at £1380.

I'm hoping that when I get married my premium will drop, my SP30 comes off in 2 months and my accident is nearly 2 1/2 years ago now, so hopefully it'll be around the £850 mark.

A lot of people on Briskoda (http://www.briskoda.net) are getting their heavily modified cars insured at under £500 due to fact the car is only insurance group 9.

MPG after the remap is definately down, but not by as much as I would of thought. It used to be around 53 mpg on the combined cycle (trip computer readouts over 1000 miles).

It now only gets 43-47mpg (no accurate reading as reset it when I refuel to see how many miles I can get from a tank). I can basically do about 500 miles to £35, and 650 if I use the reserve tank £42 (only supposed to be used on long motorway runs). Driving spiritadly it manages around 35 mpg. And on a recent motorway run from Leeds to Morcambe it did 68.4 mpg :D (my brother will confirm this when he comes online).

That's basically the reason I bought it. Cheap to insure and run (£115 a year on tax because of low CO2 emissions - not anymore :D), looks different to other cars on the road, although sadly now you tend to see quite a few. Volkwagen reliability and only cost £11k new. £500 of tweaking gives great performance (not too bad to begin with) and tops the overall package off. I would recommend some better springs however as the standard suspension isn't great at corners).

Last edited:
Sorry just to add, my remapped times :D

0 - 60 (Secs) : 6.63
0 - 100 (Secs) : 17.08
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 15.04
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 93.81
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 14.84
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 95.45

Banana
I slaughtered a standard one on the clydeside expressway a couple of months ago. They are very tuneable though.