ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm trying to remember how effective it is but I'd be concerned that it'd just run off before getting a chance to really work on the tar, From memory it's not the best product and is very runny.

Worth a try though :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Tackling the parents L200 just as an excuse to use my Snowfoam lance :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398942564.226840.jpg

The inside needs Mr Potatoes touch

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398942602.391292.jpg

Anyone heard of krystal kleer? Whilst on my travels I found the guys shop. Picked up some acid rain (fallout remover) and some glass cleaner. Rain stopped play today so never actually got chance to use them.
Collection is growing too!!!

eje9ybu8.jpg

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Which iron x product is it that is most used?
I've never used any before the closest I've come is when I bought a tar remover in a bundle off cyc with collinite, but as I'm wanting to learn and experiment a bit more I thought I'd start with some reading...
Every time I search cyc or ebay or anywhere else for an iron x then it comes up with lots of different makes and models so to speak. Which is generally the one to give the best result bang for buck?
The other question I have is: is there a difference between iron x and fall out remover? Another search came of out with an "iron x fall out remover" which I thought from my reading were two different products?? Maybe I was reading it when too tired, hence the question

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Car Pro Iron-X is what I and most seem to use, It is known as a fallout remover.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
It's like nothing you've ever smelt before :dead:

Sounds good!! No wonder they make waxes smell so good to go on top then!!

With regards to use, is it used quite liberally? Uses bottom half only? Little does a lot or what?

From my understanding so far, its an after wash, pre tar remover, then onto clay and then the building up starts is that about accurate?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Need a wax to use on the Monaco. I've really missed waxing a car so Werkstatt Acrylic Jett is a little boring.

I've borrowed Ed's Glaseur but apparently its not very durable and more of a show wax. Only borrowed it to see what it would look like.

Any suggestions welcome.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Need a wax to use on the Monaco. I've really missed waxing a car so Werkstatt Acrylic Jett is a little boring.

I've borrowed Ed's Glaseur but apparently its not very durable and more of a show wax. Only borrowed it to see what it would look like.

Any suggestions welcome.

HD wax? It's a bit pauper spec but it's a lot of bang for your buck imo.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Glasur is pretty durable. I have a pot of AG HD here Rhys? Probably the most durable wax in my collection. 90% full. It'll last 6 months plus and looks great.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Glasur is pretty durable. I have a pot of AG HD here Rhys? Probably the most durable wax in my collection. 90% full. It'll last 6 months plus and looks great.

Just the man I was after.

Durability isn't my main concern as I like to apply lots of layers and probably top it up every week or two anyway.

I want something that isn't really fussy to apply, buffs off easily enough, but something glossy that will bring the flake out and give it a wet look.

Wouldn't want to spend more than £70 at a push, £50 is more the price I'm aiming for though.

Curing time doesn't bother me, and I prefer more of a paste type wax.

My usual application from a "naked" surface is Acrylic Prime, Prima Amigo and then LSP. Just to give you an idea of what base I'm applying to.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols! There are loads of info on here and the net mate.

Just a really nice wax. Finis Wax by Bilt Hamber is still one of the best waxes i've ever used but I dislike the tin! :eek:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Guys...

in my 'dans personal kit' box at work I have; Gtecniq P1, AF revitalise, AF refine, Chemical guys 3N, Prima amigo, SMART wax, SMART sealant, zymol carbon, AG SRP, AF Triple. I have other products but those are the worthy ones.

What order or what would/wouldn't you use?

I'm going to spoof the wifes (very pale metallic blue) Passat next week and want it looking its best.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How much effort are you putting in Dan? Proper machine polishing?

Angel wax desirable ?

Is this desire looks very similar

I've got both. Desire has a different smell, is oilier and is a different colour.

I'm yet to use my sample of desirable but I'd say it's a different wax because so much is different. The texture of the two waxes is very different. Desirable feels quite oily but desire is on a whole other level. Desire is just so oily in comparison.

Desirable does look a good wax for the money tho.