ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Have you had the recent Update? Totally made my S21 jerky
I have but Im not having issues with it jerking, however it was horrifically slow at first and I'm getting used to the new features that Im non plused about.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
@Gally and anyone else that's had first hand experience

Any suggestions on tyre dressing for the Cup 2s with the fancy velvet finish in the sidewalls? Or just like normal

I'd imagine gally has done a few cars wearing these tyres
2f979db21f919ec4df44c820b2c541ac.jpg

What do people even recommend for tyres now anyway? I like a natural satin look. PERL used to be the one to go for?

Last edited:

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Any suggestions on tyre dressing for the Cup 2s with the fancy velvet finish in the sidewalls? Or just like normal

I'd imagine gally has done a few cars wearing these tyres View attachment 1568622

What do people even recommend for tyres now anyway? I like a natural satin look. PERL used to be the one to go for?

I still use Perl. I find it lasts ages and diluted down it’s good value for money.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

I'd imagine gally has done a few cars wearing these tyres View attachment 1568622

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have to say, I've really settled on carbon collective sateen. Because it's thinner like perl it's easy to apply compared with Gyeon etc, you're almost ripping the applicator applying the thicker stuff.

Sateen is my go to and has been for a long time. I'll use perl on cars for speed and to not use the good stuff.

20200812_151447.jpg

20211122_120636.jpg

One on Cup 2 one on the Sport maxx. Sateen for me. 👍🏻

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
What are people using to apply tyre stuff? I’ve got a large microfibre pad I usually use but it’s a bit cumbersome and end up getting product on the wheel which I then have to wipe off.

Wondering whether to try one of those little round brushes or just get some washing up sponges and cut them down?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
It's brilliant stuff, especially when used in a bit higher concentration (think I use about 60ml in a 25 liter bucket) the smell and glide properties are amazing.

To be more cost effective you can also use the alot less but I need to get through my shampoo collection at some point anyway ;)

What are people using to apply tyre stuff? I’ve got a large microfibre pad I usually use but it’s a bit cumbersome and end up getting product on the wheel which I then have to wipe off.

Wondering whether to try one of those little round brushes or just get some washing up sponges and cut them down?

As above, I've got a regular round applicator sponge and now got a meguiars tyre applicator. Bit expensive for what it is but it's got a cover so you don't have to clean it and can store it without making a mess.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Im still using that Tyre Candy that came in the Infinity Wax Mystery Box. Really nice stuff. The smell is nice but it leaves a natural looking finish. Its what I used on the E Tron 55 I did the other day. I just apply a fair bit to a square mf applicator (the little brick ones) and apply it that way. Its difficult to apply on thinner sidewall tyres but easy enough for most of the cars I do tbf.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

Some Autoglym applicator my Dad bought me a while back, it's foam but it's quite firm. Decent dresser.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I found I need to use quite a bit of the Tyre Candy stuff, doesn't seem to go that far, probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy it but will probably keep using it.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I found I need to use quite a bit of the Tyre Candy stuff, doesn't seem to go that far, probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy it but will probably keep using it.
exactly this. I found it half decent but quite a bit is needed. Probably wont buy it again as I prefer one of the CarChem trio ones more

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I have 2 applicators just now. One has the solid blue foam part at the top so it doesn't go on your hands and the other is a proper chunky square one. Mammoth maybe? Both see to last well. I hate small ones, they seem to fall apart and cost more on your hands.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I have 2 applicators just now. One has the solid blue foam part at the top so it doesn't go on your hands and the other is a proper chunky square one. Mammoth maybe? Both see to last well. I hate small ones, they seem to fall apart and cost more on your hands.
The Auto Glym one is like the 1st on you've described.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
On the subject of tyres, What’s everyone using for tyre cleaning?

my current go to is G101 a d a nail brush. Which is fine for stock cars but when I’m cleaning my own car twice a week in this weather, I’m worried I’m degrading the tyres prematurely as it’s nasty stuff.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
On the subject of tyres, What’s everyone using for tyre cleaning?

my current go to is G101 a d a nail brush. Which is fine for stock cars but when I’m cleaning my own car twice a week in this weather, I’m worried I’m degrading the tyres prematurely as it’s nasty stuff.

G101 here too.

Used it for years no problems mixed at 1:5

What are you using it at?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gyeon and carpro both have tyre cleaners out now. Definitely one of these though…

23B69955-8981-4E0C-81CB-ACCBE9337EBD.jpeg
D52E8ADF-EED2-4E3A-A591-6B610AD9BA73.jpeg