ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah tell me about it. £700 for a 200ml pot of wax. Value for money right?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's never fun. You might think it's worth it after it's applied!

Pearl Black 172
Nearly out of my BTBM, have nt kept up to date with new products as i was fully stocked.
What shampoo's are people using? Like the look of some of the Chem Guys ones and seem good value but all I seem to hear about recently is the AF stuff.

R14 CUP
I'm using AF lather at the moment, I'm impressed with that tbh, but prior to that I've only used Poorboys maxi suds, zymol natural & dodo supernatural. Btbm will probably be the next one im gonna try.

Is a "why change it" scenario for me. There was a job lot going on eBay (10) about two years ago for a price not to be sniffed at. It works well, it lathers up well in both London and NW buckets of water, is wax safe and most importantly is very slick.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Just tried out Amigo. Very impressed, so easy to use (by hand) and the paint feels so smooth. Topped up afterwards with some AG HD, very shiny indeed :D

R14 CUP
I have only used amigo by hand, using it via DA on Friday. I can't wait!

Its a fantastic product by hand, and meant to be even better by DA.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's epic via DA. The slickness blew me away on first use.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I don't have a DA, don't trust myself with one, lol. I'm very impressed by hand though.

I'll be giving it another coat of HD on friday before CSS, and top it up with some Z-6 Saturday morning. Looking forward to trying that out, I've only ever used AG QD.

GTD, Lupo
Luke even if you kept the DA in the same position for 5 mins i dont think it would cause any damage. Dont hold me to this!,, :eek:

Happy to loan you my DA as you are pretty local!

Going for a full correction on my 200 some point this week, it's all decon'd and taped up, when I'm finished I'm going to give Amigo a try via DA.

Had to give into the hype about it, looking forward to it!

R14 CUP
I find it bizarre that I get genuinely excited about cleaning my 9 year clio, with a load of new products. It's brilliant. I'm looking forward to detailing the cup, more than CSS itself!!

GTD, Lupo
Going for a full correction on my 200 some point this week, it's all decon'd and taped up, when I'm finished I'm going to give Amigo a try via DA.

Had to give into the hype about it, looking forward to it!

Its so easy to use and the results are amazing, you wont be dissapointed!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols I was the same last year with the Frp, 95% correction plus wet sanding on the whole front end then had to bloody drive it 450 miles! Worked out okay though!

Doesn't matter what car you have mate looking after is the main thing.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've ordered some amigo now, I was impressed with black hole via DA so hoping this will be as good.

I was also disappointed with polished bliss' summer sale, I still ordered a fair bit anyway lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It wasn't great. The tough coat wasn't a bad deal but didn't fancy much else.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I can't remember what I ordered, I know it was the interior trio, the metal polish and something else but can't remember lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That sounds about right. I had 2 packages at the PO last week. Had no idea what they were.... 2 detailing orders! :eek:

Mercury is good. Some german company sell it in a tube also but it's about the same price.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I need to calm down, I just bought 2 new michelin ps3 for the Seat and it needs a new windscreen and I keep buying detailing gear lol I have so many products it bloody ridiculous and I still have a massive list of what I want lol

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
My brother is finally taking his interest further than halfords best for his silver VW T Kombi. So it's big and he doesn't have generally much time. Products wise I was thinking of the usual decontamination followed by maybe Prime then Amigo. I would usually then slap a wax on top but for ease of use and speed I was thinking of some kind of spray LSP that he could top up when he washes and would people recommend another stage between Amigo and LSP. I don't have any experience of sprays further than QD so your thoughts please gents.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Luke even if you kept the DA in the same position for 5 mins i dont think it would cause any damage. Dont hold me to this!,, :eek:

Happy to loan you my DA as you are pretty local!

Very kind of you mate, I may well take you up on that :)

I quite fancy buying one myself, but get so confused with the different pads etc. Need to do some research!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Not done much with cleaning up exhausts other than the shiney tips, but how would autosol or mercury cope with the headaer pipe of a motorbike? An example picture of one in good condition below, the bikes I'm looking at aren't this clean

exhaust_blueing.jpg

If its metal, mercury will clean it. Usual wash down and de-grime with G101, followed up by mercury on a MF towel should do the trick. It's likely to be similar metal to the exhaust so should clean up nicely.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
My brother is finally taking his interest further than halfords best for his silver VW T Kombi. So it's big and he doesn't have generally much time. Products wise I was thinking of the usual decontamination followed by maybe Prime then Amigo. I would usually then slap a wax on top but for ease of use and speed I was thinking of some kind of spray LSP that he could top up when he washes and would people recommend another stage between Amigo and LSP. I don't have any experience of sprays further than QD so your thoughts please gents.

Anyone? What will work best over Amigo. Werkstat Jett, tough coat or even Z2 instead of.

GTD, Lupo
Anyone? What will work best over Amigo. Werkstat Jett, tough coat or even Z2 instead of.

Im going to say Z2 after this last week of cleaning mine. I have 4 coats of Z2 over the whole car and the finish is amazing. Its so easy to use and takes only a few mins to apply to each panel.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It wouldn't make too much difference if it was going on to bare paint anyway mate.

I love Prime though, great cleansing ability so wire in!

As above Aucky, it won't make a difference. I might ask Kev to bring his Amigo with him for me to try on the day. Mine is seriously lacking any love at the moment. Still looks great to the untrained eye, but is serious need of a decon, glaze and some LSP.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I really do hate this country sometimes. It's supposed to be summer ffs.

I got home early-ish today, so thought I'd start getting the car ready for Friday. Finished decamination, snow foamed again, then gave it a shampoo ready for claying. Next minute the heavens opened and it's been raining non stop for ages now :(

I need a garage..

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I got my decontam done this afternoon, its been sitting in the garage since :)

I lost motivation after giving it a wipedown with CarPro Eraser. Paint looks positively w**k now I've pulled all the fillers out. Glaze and ellesspeeezz tomorrow.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Help me!!!

I'm due to go down and wax the car tonight but i've just been down there and its got a bit of dust on it. (Its stored in a dirty unit)

I can't wash it because of where it is.

What is the safest way of polishing / waxing it tonight without causing too much swirling.