ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing silver cars !!! grrrr

Golf TDI
Is it just a waste of time detailng silver cars ??? I have done the full works this weekend on the motor . I challenge anyone to find a dirty spot on it and it is extremely shiny ( for a silver car ) but it never shows its had a weekend of cleaning on it .. so has anyone got any pics of their silver cars after a good clean / polish etc . ps remind me to buy a black or blue car next :rasp:

E87 118d M Sport
lol. i saw mine in the extreme sun today. so glad is it a darker colour as it was reali complemented by the reflections. was looking into a silver car to start with.

silver looks good no mater what weather, so if you can get away with no dirt showing up when my car would look FILTHY, then its only fair that when you wash it it looks the same ;)

Titanium 182
DSCF2146.jpg
DSCF2192.jpg

Golf TDI
^^ i agree that looks clean and shiny , like mine but you never get that wow factor :( as with darker cars . its dissapointing really when you work hard lol

120d M Sport
Try out different combo's of products. Here's what I managed today using Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze (supposed to be particularly good on silver) followed by Dodo Light Fantastic...

P1010276.jpg

P1010279.jpg

P1010272.jpg

P1010271.jpg

Never gonna reflect like a black/blue car though!

Titanium 182
^^ i agree that looks clean and shiny , like mine but you never get that wow factor :( as with darker cars . its dissapointing really when you work hard lol

It's a trade off with a silver it looks nice and clean but never looks awesome but it stays looking cleaner and nicer for a lot longer than a monaco/black gold.

M2 Competition
They never look any different polished, to a two bucket, to a car wash.

Makes them easy to look after though.

Golf TDI
but if your getting right into your detailing ( like i am these days ) im a bit stuck with wat i can do :( silver ftl lol swings and roundabouts i suppose as it will look good for a while as you guys say

120d M Sport
Have a go with that Clearkote stuff. I read somewhere it is particularly good on silver, seemed to make it look a bit glossy and 'wet' which is unusual for silver. Worth a try

Get some pics up aswell mate so we can see todays work :D

Last edited:
  172 Race Car
Easy, do what I did. Wash it once in a year, then leave it 8 months on the drive without moving it and it looks like this....................

IMAGE_249.jpg

IMAGE_253.jpg

IMAGE_260.jpg

Then after 5 hours detail it looks like you have actually done something....

IMAGE_271.jpg

koi

Audi S1
It's hard to get the 'wow' factor on silver, still to find a product to give it a deep gloss

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Silvers so easy to maintain! get it half right and it'll look better in the long run than any other colour!

Boring yes, unsatisfying yes...

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Silver does clean up quite well, but you never get the wow factor with it..

Attachments

• 3177196021_3f39142233.jpg
    3177196021_3f39142233.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 3230445101_22df45fdd4.jpg
    3230445101_22df45fdd4.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 3405317312_ef0f8d6abd.jpg
    3405317312_ef0f8d6abd.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 3405307368_1d186803e0_b.jpg
    3405307368_1d186803e0_b.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 39

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I found exactly the same thing. I'm yet to look at/edit/ put up my pics from the weekend.
Its just satisfying to see beading in the morning on the way to work and no need for wipers!!

Bus w**ker
Ta :)

My current routine is (seeing as I didn't post it above):

Duragloss #901 (although it was AG Shampoo in the pictures above)
Meg's Clay
Clearkote Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Gloss
Poorboy's White Diamond Show Glaze
Poorboy's EX-P Sealant
Victoria Collectors Wax (Yellow)
Meg's Last Touch

Ideally the whole thing needs a good going over with a DA but as I don't have one that's a bit difficult lol. But it's on the, ever growing, list.