ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

detailng virgin help needed please!

ff cup ur 200
ive got a red clio 200 which ive always enjoyed washing and to be fair it comes up a treat compared to my pevious white scirocco and steel grey r32, but i know it could be made to look much better from reading through this forum. my routine is rinse with cold water then 2 bucket wash with meguiars mitt then rinse with cold water then dry with a meguiars micrfibre cloth, then when properly dry apply zymol cleaner wax which makes the car look great but the water does not bead off like when i used to use ag super res polish which compared to the zymol was quite laborious to apply and polish, so ive bought some turtle wax extreme gloss sealer wax to go on top of the cleaner wax ive also bought some meguiars ultimate quick detailer but im unsure when i need to apply this, im guessing that the sealer wax aint gonna be very popular with detailing police so any recomendations are welcome, thanks in advance, alex.

Ph2 Meg 225
The quick detailer is used just to wipe the car if there's dust on it etc and add a layer of short term protection, and not really used as a step in detailing . as for recommendations I can't really help as I'm no expert :)

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
a quick detailer is used after maintenance washes to bring back the just waxed look.

to be honest using it to remove dust will inflict more swirls and marring

ff cup ur 200
cheers mate i thought thats what it was for, think ill use that turtle wax sealer up and then give some of that ag hd wax a whirl as a fair few people rate as good for the price, thanks for the reply .;)