ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnostic Faults - Renault were no help!

Clio 172 cup
Hello everyone, i'm a bit stuck here and need your help... thought it best to start here.

DF002 THROTTLE POTENTIOMETER CIRCUIT- OBD
DF308 BI-MODE AIR INLET SOLENOID VALVE - CO
DF058 DOWNSTREAM OXYGEN SENSOR CIRCUIT
IGNITION COIL 2-3 CIRCUIT

This car has already had a fair amount of money on it getting it right but now this.... not sure if I should cut my losses. When driven it lacks power (possibly limp mode) but now and then it feels like it comes back for a few seconds.

Any help would be great.

Mick@Diamond motors is the best person to talk to about the above problems, He is a diagnostic machine;)

Clio 172 cup
Yeah.... kinda thought that the subject being Diagnostic Fault and then in the message asking for help would have been taken as a 'request for help' but hey ho. Renault basically said that they are unsure what it could be. Basically trying to find out if I should just bin it off as have a few other cars to pay attention too. Will contact Mick and see what to do. Cheers for the sensible replies guys.

Mk2 Ph2 172
These are just faults code.... Some could be old ones as well as new !!!!

Did they clear the codes and road test the the car to get these ?

Also did they look at any live data to diagnose the problems further ?

It could be something's simple as the coil pack

Volvo S60 T5
Fit new oxygen sensor , fit new plugs/leads and coil.
Check wiring to throttle body and wiring from ecu to. Throttle body.

Mk2 Ph2 172
Fit new oxygen sensor , fit new plugs/leads and coil.
Check wiring to throttle body and wiring from ecu to. Throttle body.

But this would be abit silly If they just plugged in and read off the fault codes !!!

Without wiping them and road testing the vehicle to see the true fault codes

A couple could be old ones and also a
Couple could be faulse codes such as the oxygen sensor fault code could be thrown up due to the coil pack playing up and ecu reading a rich mixture intermittently !!!!

Clio 172 cup
That's great cheers, coil packs been done first as this is what was thought. They basically plugged it in gave me the read out... asked for 40 pounds.

Mk2 Ph2 172
That's great cheers, coil packs been done first as this is what was thought. They basically plugged it in gave me the read out... asked for 40 pounds.

Ffs !!!!

Great service that

These guys just look at fault codes thinking that is what is wrong...... That is how to mis diagnosis problems and cost the customer money that is needed to be spent

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You've got a few issues from what I can see but honestly, it's going to need looking at properly to resolve them.

A new H02 is likely to be the cause of the poor performance but id sooner test it and see what the gases are doing before advising you spend out on one. There's nothing worse than spending more money on a car that's already had a wedge spent on it but I promise you, if you bring it in you won't be spending bad money after worst.

Mick
Diamond Motors

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
So, £40 you asked for a computer check, thats all. A 1 hours diagnostic into your fault inc a answer would have been £80-90.

Clio sport 182
I bet it's the fuse box in the engine bay remove cover and look for the big white block connector unplug it and check for corroded terminals as that's where ur find your throttle potentiometer fault but as others have said you have other faults the bi-mode fault I had on my car as my mate who has 20+ years Renault experience and he never came across that stored fault!

Clio 172 cup
I bet it's the fuse box in the engine bay remove cover and look for the big white block connector unplug it and check for corroded terminals as that's where ur find your throttle potentiometer fault but as others have said you have other faults the bi-mode fault I had on my car as my mate who has 20+ years Renault experience and he never came across that stored fault!

Ideal, as soon as I'm back at the car i"ll have a look.... got an issue with My Punto Evo now too. Nothings going right.