ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIALS Mk1 Phase 2

Clio 1.2 Facelift 97
Can you straigt swap clocks/dials in Clios?

I have dials with no rev counter and have seen a clio Mk1 Phase 1 in scrappy with some nice clocks.

If I were to swap for these, would it all work correctly?

Cheers. Si

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
Not quite sure, there is a chance the wiring is not there for the rev counter. then you wouldnt be able to connect the rev counter, however im sure some one on here knows about wiring.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Make sure its got the right amount of plugs on the back, i bought a ph1 172 set of clocks to put in my ph1 1.2 & the plugs are all diffrent so check before you buy, takes 30 mins tops to take the dash off the clio's so its worth checking instead of ending up with a new bed side display piece like me lol

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Should be fine between a Ph1 and Ph2. Its the Ph3 thats different.

Nope, Ph3 works just the same as Ph1, Ph2.

Straight swap yes.

TO remove the clocks, undo the cover around the centre of the steering wheel. (Three Torx underneath in the cover).

Now if you look up from there you will notice TWO black torx again, these hold the dials in a the bottom.

Remove these and remove the top ones from, the dials.

Pull forward, disconnect the speedo cable, then disconnect the three electrical plugs at the top.

Job done.

To re attach them follow steps in reverse.

BMW M135i
They're not, if you put a set of dials from a Ph3 into a Ph1 or Ph2 then the rev counter won't work and visa versa. Its wired differently with the Ph3 due to the introduction of the DIET D7F engine.