ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diary of a ph1.

Titanium 182
I figured I may as well do one of these as I never bothered with my 182 because I hardly changed anything on it !

However I have a direction with this car.

3992765973_ef1c088f78.png

Ph1 172, 60k FRSH.

First job is to tidy it up, so far I have replaced the aerial with a standard item
(£12 from Renault ! should have just bloody nicked one.)

Haven't got a picture of that you know what aerials look like.

I need to get rid of the Clio decals on the calipers as they aren't my thing really so red / silver paint needed for that. Can't decide what colour yet ?
3993537092_abb716c4d0.png

The wheels were filthy so they got removed, cleaned with 1:1 billberry dried off with a spritz of QD and sealed with chemical guys wheel guard.

3993576969_fa81284229.png

3994338556_3d6abb0d19.png

3993575913_17d817586d.png

3994339912_27f3a98c78.png

3994340476_d33c6c4d2c.png

Arches got scrubbed up too but it was too dark for after pictures, when I get a day off I will wire brush the rust off the rear axle and paint them hammerite smooth black.

3993575399_9b5718798a.png

The car had a couple of scuffs which were wet sanded then attacked with the PC & Mezerna to bring them back up. (can't see them in the pictures but meh)

3993581609_3b25a769bd.png

3993578671_2282d80dc4.png

I also gave the car a oil + filter change, I still need to get a new airfilter as Halfords are useless and don't stock them.... TOM!
Fuel rail guard is a B1tch to get your hands under to change the filter and I didn't have a long enough socket to remove it :eek:

I tried to "correct" the headlights using the guide on here but I'm an absolute moron and I used 80 grit instead of 800 grit to start with so now I need an hour or two to sort out the headlights as they're all scratched :dead:

That's my first week with the car. Hopefully coming soon will be seats, coilovers, replacement steering wheel, the calipers sorted, uprated brakes, and maybe some track wheels! oh and Ph2 rear lights.

I will probably PC it this weekend too :eek:

I don't know if I will update this again but I will try ;):eek:

Looks tidy (Well apart from the brake decals, lol)!

Nice low milage for the age, plans sound good too!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
looks nice that mate , unlucky about the lights though but im sure you can sort that out. what are your plans for this ?

Titanium 182
looks nice that mate , unlucky about the lights though but im sure you can sort that out. what are your plans for this ?

Just gonna change all the tatty stuff like the steering wheel then lightly track prep it - coils seats and brakes probably.

80 Grit ! :eek: eek. Hope you can correct them after that.

Nice looking motor.

I think I'm going to become very good friends with Mr 800 grit :dapprove:

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
LOL!

Oh and I think black callipers look really smart, either that or silver imo.

Will keep an eye on this thread!

Titanium 182
good start, done a good job on the wheels, look mint with a bit of elbow grease.

lmao at 80 grit, lol.

I was stood there thinking fook me this looks harsh, oh well they came out ok for the fella in the guide.

Then when I had done I though "b****cks" sat with the machine polisher on them for about half an hour and knackered a cutting pad !

They will be alright... Eventually!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome motor, despite the ph1 being so common on silver, I think it really suits it.

With the headlights make sure you don't just try and 800 grit back the 80 grit marks, it'll take forever, just progress through a range of papers, 120 400 600 etc... should be easier and give better results.

Stop pissing and moaning about me not being able to get you a halfords filter and get an ITG jobbie. I want to see how they sound. If its not completely boring i may be tempted away from my simota.

Whats the guff in the box? I pod connector?

If you get the hang of that machine polisher your doing my lights!

Titanium 182
Haha ! link me and if they're cheapish i'll order one !

pmsl @ guff its a Renault tunepoint son, ipod usb pen and aux inputs which you can control from the steering wheel controls :cool: charges ipods too

/flex

I have the hang of the polisher lol ! I'm just a sandpaper t**t.

Titanium 182
Are they reclining comfy ones or stupid prick seats ?
and why are you selling them :rasp:

Thanks Brett!

Titanium 182
I'm no buying your crap ! ;)

I need to be able to fold the passenger seat forwards to get my snowboard in !

Edit, are you like 21 ?

Titanium 182
Sod off you're making my thread smell of mothballs & corduroy.

I'm not a teenager anymore after this Wednesday !

FML :( :cry:

Feirnz you can shoot my car anytime man, I would love it !

Titanium 182
^ True, You can come round mine and I'll make you both a sandwich then we can go to swinsty reservoir :cool:
(For pics & romantic walk)

Titanium 182
Awesome motor, despite the ph1 being so common on silver, I think it really suits it.

With the headlights make sure you don't just try and 800 grit back the 80 grit marks, it'll take forever, just progress through a range of papers, 120 400 600 etc... should be easier and give better results.

Cheers will make sure I work down (or up!) through the papers, I'm a bit new to most of this DIY lark on cars. I know a lot of theory I have just never put it into practice ;)

Titanium 182
Fit this today (Yesterday... Just)
3996429292_028ec7b25e.png

Drilled the glovebox, leap of faith !
3999603034_cd73d8c293.png

Tunes - sorted. (And none of this bassline/dubstep pish!)
3999605152_58bd454d51.png

Silver visions/techs/bulbs/whatever.
I swear to god there is even less room in the ph1 engine bay than a ph2 ! hands are cut to ribbons.
3998838583_11c8ca728a.png

3998839821_fec1f79c69.png

NS window was slowing right down when you put it up so whipped the door card off for a look, couldn't find anything out of the ordinary so greased up the runner and that seemed to help it a small bit... It will do for now, if it breaks I will get a new motor.
Used silicone sealant to fix the door card back on as I cut the black gummy stuff Renault use out. Car stinks now.
3998842049_4d98367790.png

My TB gasket has arrived @ Local Renault but they wouldn't let me pick it up after 12 because parts had finished. How hard is it to hand me a gasket FFS ?!

That's mondays job as I have the day off :cool:

over & oot.

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
New chav sidelight bulbs as one of mine had blown,

4001601810_83dd7af491.png

Cleaned the outside & waxed it, (Chemical guys XXX hardcore paste wax if you're interested.)

4000834947_8c2135bf30.png

Got this too.

4001600824_48c8de23a2.png

Going to scrappers for a couple of screws tomorrow, should hopefully get my new air filter delivered and my cigarette lighter (yay) as mine has gone missing and it looks weird.

Might order some HID's next :boring:

I will probably hold off painting the callipers till I get some new discs and braided lines, then I can take them off & change the fluid at the same time. Will give me the chance to sand them down and do them properly.

Titanium 182
Cheers Ali, Tom when you read this, link me to your HIDs so I can buy some.
Just found this pic and they look ace :eek:

DSCF2621.jpg

Titanium 182
£100 ?
Balls, I'm already tempted to buy schweppys coilovers...
Need to think about this I'm a bit poor atm anyway :rasp: