ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Did 182 ever come with 15 inch wheels?

Clio 182, Ford F150
Hi I am preparing a 182 for a race season. The wheels are currently 16 inch anthracite standard. Competition regs say:

38.11 - WHEELS: - Wheel rims are free of restriction but must be of single piececonstruction within the following dimensions and must be manufactured from steel oraluminium only.
Wheel rim diameters must be as per original model.

Wheel studs may be used in place of bolts.
Wheel nuts must be open-ended. Wheel spacers are permitted.

I was wondering if the 182 ever came in 15 inch wheels as standard. And which R888 size tyres would be best for the 16 inch (or 15 if allowed) wheels (standard or more likely ultraleggera).

Also for the regs I'm not exactly clear what is "production series" means. Would that include all Phase II rs (i.e. 172 and 182)?

MODEL RANGE Cars belonging to a production series distinguishable by specificnomenclature, the same basic floor pan, external body work and identical engine andtransmission from the engine to the wheels (except that both manual and automaticgearboxes may be utilised). Bodywork variations concerning number of doors,hatchback or boot are permitted and will be considered to be of the same modelrange. Both left and right hand drive vehicles are acceptable.

All advice is much appreciated.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
No, 182's only came with 16" wheels . Either in Anthracite part of the cup pack or silver non cup pack .

Clio Cup
IIRC i "think" that some australian Phase 2 172s and 182s were fitted with what looked like 15" dynamique wheels , Sure i cam across some pictures of them on a forum called aussiefrog