ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

did anyone ever solve the 172 wet foot well issue?!?!?!

306 TD Slut
yes i've done a search.

anyone ever solved it? with out the help of renaults first class million £££ an hour expertise?? anyone know what the problem is?

my mates cup passenger foot well is very very wet! an all this rain isnt good for it. wheres it come from? he parks face down on a slope if that means anything..

furry_cup said:
yes i've done a search.

anyone ever solved it? with out the help of renaults first class million £££ an hour expertise?? anyone know what the problem is?

my mates cup passenger foot well is very very wet! an all this rain isnt good for it. wheres it come from? he parks face down on a slope if that means anything..

ok lets think about it ....................

1. water out of washer wiper tank
2. radiator water
3. power steering fluid .

anything on that side of the engine bay
oh some1 p1ssed themselves ?

:quiet:

Fiesta ST
im a windscrren fitter and i get called out to alot of leaks, people thinkin its the windscreen, could be a number of things really. Ive not looked under the bonnet but ive found that it could either be crack somewhere under the plastic under the wipers, do cups have sun roofs? sometimes its the drainage off it thats blocked or see if you can see any holes under the bonnet.

306 TD Slut
no sunroof matey.

i know its not rad fluid, washer, power steering fluid, its just rain water. too much of it!!

i thought this was a coomon fault with cups?

Revels182.. a grommet that comes out of where lol.. really needs to get this sorted cos its f**king his interior.

jimmyriddle said:
im a windscrren fitter and i get called out to alot of leaks, people thinkin its the windscreen, could be a number of things really. Ive not looked under the bonnet but ive found that it could either be crack somewhere under the plastic under the wipers, do cups have sun roofs? sometimes its the drainage off it thats blocked or see if you can see any holes under the bonnet.

172 cup-no sunroof ;)

Fiesta ST
wasnt sure bout the sunroof, he needs to just get his head everwhere and have a good look, there will be a crack somewhere, ive not had the plastics off on a clio so i wouldnt know, do they have a filter for the air underneath it? ive had them cracked before.

talking 2 me mate................if the windscreen isn't leaking , it could b his heater matrix ?

furry_cup said:
Revels182.. a grommet that comes out of where lol.. really needs to get this sorted cos its f**king his interior.

Pull the carpet back, they'll be a hole! lol

Get a torch and shine it on top, jack it up and get underneath and see where the lights coming through.

Clio 172 Mk2
M8 I had the same problem on my 172 in the same place. The problem was that the sea; round the front window screen was not sealed properly from the factory so it had to go to Auto glass to get sorted Renault paid for it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
heater matrix is near the passengers footwell but it would smell like coolant and your coolant would be going down if it was that? maby worth checking

Mk1 Clio
I know on the ford focus it's a common problem and it's when you change the pollen filter on them and you don't seal the bottom of the window back up right.

Fills the passenger footwell.

Don't know it that helps you at all ?

markrevill said:
I know on the ford focus it's a common problem and it's when you change the pollen filter on them and you don't seal the bottom of the window back up right.

Fills the passenger footwell.

Don't know it that helps you at all ?

some 1 said the pollen filter is behind the scuttle panel in the engine bay drivers side . so not that then .;)

306 TD Slut
yeah the top corner of the windscreen on the passenger side.. the outer plastic bit doesnt look as if its fitted corectly.. could be that, tempted to get some silcone sealer and run it all the way around the windscreen.

i pulled the carpet up under the seat and there were two holes there which i blocked up, about 2 months ago.. but it still gets wet in there. then i stuck my hand under the carpet in the foot well and the sound deadening had soaked all the the water up, so im guessing its a whole directly under the foot well.. or the windscreen and its running down behind the bulk head.

lol my mate better buy me a pint or two for all this effort!!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Is it the side of the carpet by the door?
if so it could be leaking through the speaker because they have no door membraines water goes down back of door panel through gap in speaker runs down through speaker grill and on to carpet but only seen one clio with this fault.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Does it get wet undetr the back seat when you lift it up ? If your parking facing down hill it could be coming in further back in the car .

When you lift up the tailgate , look where if sits into the bodywork , on the c pillars there are 2 big black grommets . Water can get into there then run under the back seats , it could be running further forwards if its parked on a steep hill .

clio 182 black /gold
My 182 rained in when they installed an alarm and never replaced the grommit on the passenger side bulk head.

182 Trophy 019/500
I hate tring to find water leaks. I had to try and find where water was getting into my boot/under the rear seats. Spent every evening for a week outside in the cold with a hose pipe, torch and stripping out the rear of the car.

Hope he gets it fixed soon!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
RenaultSport said:
I hate tring to find water leaks. I had to try and find where water was getting into my boot/under the rear seats. Spent every evening for a week outside in the cold with a hose pipe, torch and stripping out the rear of the car.

Hope he gets it fixed soon!

Did ya find it ? Was it the big black grommets inside when you open the hatch ??

Nippy white cup
Actually I just found my pass rear footwell was sopping wet...I`ll have to have a look tomoz..I let you know billy

Chris

306 TD Slut
its not coming from the rear of the car, the wetness is only under the passanger and forward from there.

ood 'ol french!

when i next see him i'll lay down in his passenger seat and look right up wit a lamp and see if it shines through.

is this grommet you talk about big? or is it only a small one.. wire size?

306 TD Slut
its not coming from the rear of the car, the wetness is only under the passanger and forward from there.

ood 'ol french!

when i next see him i'll lay down in his passenger seat and look right up wit a lamp and see if it shines through.

is this grommet you talk about big? or is it only a small one.. wire size?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Chris n nic said:
Actually I just found my pass rear footwell was sopping wet...I`ll have to have a look tomoz..I let you know billy

Chris

The grommets are about 12 inches below the struts for opening the hatch , 2 of em about the size of £2 coins , can't miss em !

ant

yep.
MRBILLYUK said:
The grommets are about 12 inches below the struts for opening the hatch , 2 of em about the size of £2 coins , can't miss em !

did you just seal them?

i've got a leak into the boot/sparewheel well [not the kind of well i wanted tho!]

182 Trophy 019/500
I found it under the strip on the roof:

Attachments

• IMG_2260resized.jpg
    IMG_2260resized.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 122
  182 Trophy 019/500
^^^
Note: I know it looks bad in the pic but i have cleaned it up and you don't notice it with the trim on the roof

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
daze said:
did you just seal them?

i've got a leak into the boot/sparewheel well [not the kind of well i wanted tho!]

Take out the grommet , put some silicone sealant around the hole pop the grommet back in , you should leave the hatch open if you can until the sealant goes off .