ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diesel on the roundabout... Honest

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Was wondering why your car wasn't at college. Hopefully new car and stuff gets sorted out soon dude! Its all a learning curve at the end of the day.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Yep this is why it was missing! At least I saved on parking.

UPDATE!

Insurance have paid out, which is nice of them and it was all nice and easy.

I decided not to buy the car back, it was offered to me at £900 but I don't really have anywhere to put it whilst stripping parts. It then went to Copart and was auctioned off where it went for £1900. Considering it's a £4K car at most I thought that was pretty impressive.

I've had no word from the council about lampposts yet, it's not been replaced yet either so I'm just waiting really. Hopefully they lost my details or something equally council like.

I pick up its replacement on Saturday though so I'm excited about that, and insurance wasn't as bad as first though as the claim was only for £6000 in the end.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I pick up its replacement on Saturday though so I'm excited about that, and insurance wasn't as bad as first though as the claim was only for £6000 in the end.

Another MX5?

Did you manage to pull any of your modified parts off the car before they took it? Seems a shame to lose some nice bits. I guess if they're worth less than £900 and the hassle its not worth it.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Only 6k cool, what happened to the Lolvo?

Also, do you have to pay for the lamppost or does the insurance cover it?
I would think that the Volvo would have been written off surely due to the structural damaged to that corner of the car.

Should of stripped the car Euan IMO

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Another MX5?

Did you manage to pull any of your modified parts off the car before they took it? Seems a shame to lose some nice bits. I guess if they're worth less than £900 and the hassle its not worth it.
Didn't get anything off it no, it would have been worth doing as it probably had 3k in bits at a rough guess but not being able to have it at home meant it just wasn't really do able.

Nope, fancied a change after having 2 mx5s in a row. Went with a Clio seeing as I've been on here for so long without one
image.jpeg

Only 6k cool, what happened to the Lolvo?

Also, do you have to pay for the lamppost or does the insurance cover it?
I haven't asked specifically but I presume it was repaired, there will be just over 3 grand left in after my claim for it to be repaired. Possibly they gave her terrible money for it.

I beleive my insurance pay for it but no ones said anything yet as the council haven't billed me.
I would think that the Volvo would have been written off surely due to the structural damaged to that corner of the car.

Should of stripped the car Euan IMO

I should of stripped it yes, but I've got no where to put it while I take the bits off.

It's also kind of nice to have a clean break from it and just go out with a wedge of money looking for a car.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
200 would be a nice change.
If you write off a car again (hope not) and you want to part it out let me know, because I have a couple garages it can be locked up in. Only takes a coupe days for a car like that to be stripped, chassis cut up etc..

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Small update on this.

No repair to the lampost, no contact about having it repaired either so I'm still fingers crossed.

Had the dreaded letter from the police today, they've decided I am 'guilty' of driving without due care and attention but they have given me the option of the course, which is at least something.

Course is £170 though which is painful.

Hopefully this will be the end of the saga though.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I'm hoping for 3 courses at £170!

Think @Knuckles is right, morning in the classroom, no doubt telling me I was going too fast, and an afternoon driving.

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia VRS
The last time I looked I couldn't find any for sale 😧
Slim pickings!
There's a few on the Facebook groups, but they're advertised as 'mint' etc. Knowing the right people soon reveals they're not without issues...
Had mine for sale two weeks ago, £600 later she's staying lol!

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
They do courses for everything now. Not sure what one they'll put you on. Speeding awareness seems the most obvious I guess.

lol, I've not seen this thread up until now but the fact the lamp post came down on a Volvo is slightly comical. I cannot imagine what was going through your mind when you saw it slowly topple over to ruin someone else's day.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Slim pickings!
There's a few on the Facebook groups, but they're advertised as 'mint' etc. Knowing the right people soon reveals they're not without issues...
Had mine for sale two weeks ago, £600 later she's staying lol!

I'd trust Facebook as much as gumtree tbh. Awful place to buy things.

Good lad lol! Don't get rid, they're proper awesome little cars.

Skoda Fabia VRS
I'd trust Facebook as much as gumtree tbh. Awful place to buy things.

Good lad lol! Don't get rid, they're proper awesome little cars.
Have a nose at my progress thread, got a few bits on their way which will totally transform the car from what it is now, enjoying it much more!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
They do courses for everything now. Not sure what one they'll put you on. Speeding awareness seems the most obvious I guess.

lol, I've not seen this thread up until now but the fact the lamp post came down on a Volvo is slightly comical. I cannot imagine what was going through your mind when you saw it slowly topple over to ruin someone else's day.
They've put me on a 'driver alertness' course so it might not be as speed obsessed as some.

It was a proper slow motion oh fcuk moment. Took me a few seconds to regroup and then I sprinted to car expecting something terrible so it was a relief it wasn't that bad.