ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diesel on the roundabout... Honest

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Ouch, there is a round about in Kilmarnock like that anytime its wet its like ice I learned a long time ago to take it easy there ended up facing the wrong way round once

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Yeah no chance. It's all part of the shell that rear quarter so it's a complete reshell to fix. Getting an estimate done Monday so they can tell me it's wrote off.

Then the fun of getting its value back can begin.

At least you did it right and the ass of the car hit the lamppost. Oh well - we've all done stupid s**t that's cost us lots of money.

I'm absolutely gutted for you about that lamppost and the Volvo though. That truly is rotten luck.

fixedgear

ClioSport Club Member
Good job that man!
Well impressed with your post, so you gave it a good stomp and caught out. Oh well, s**t happens.
Hope you get it resolved as painlessly as possible.

the lampost TRAPP made me LOL, you made a good job of that Vololvo

Leon Cupra 300
I span a Merc Sprinter on a roundabout and went backwards into a lamp post, it stopped upright but made a mess of the van.

RB 182 FF
Fair play to you for your honesty, no badgers or foxes, rabbits or even diesel! I'm very sorry for your position but I did piss myself when I saw the lampost and Volvo! What an absolute shitter!!! Ah well like everyone has said, no one was injured so alls well really. Just majorly s**t bad luck!!:down:

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Shame you've killed your car but at least no one was hurt.

Your post just gets better as you read on...I can imagine you was bricking it watching the lampost drop onto the volvo!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I crashed and wrote off a crx years ago. Going too quick and was wet. Sideways like a hero on the bend ended up on the other side of the pavement and clipped a lamp post which span me round. How I didn't die was no ones guess. 12 months later my best mate was involved in an accident in the same spot and sadly died. Wouldn't say I forgot about that story but it's not a nice one.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Am I guessing the Volvo is a write off being hit on That part of the car.
Least everyone ok.
Just wait for the claim from the Volvo for 50k for life saving surgery he/she may need in the next few years...lol

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Funny you should mention that. I wasn't impressed with the ambulance that attended.

Turned up, waked straight past me to the lady from the Volvo. Fine although they could have acknowledged me. She had been talking with us about being fine as you'd expect but they checked her over and took her into the ambulance for about half an hour, I'm not sure what was going on but she came out afterwards and never said anything to me about injuries. No problems they're doing the job.

They then mulled about for a bit until one of them asked me if the Mazda was my car, I said yes and he said "you alright?" To which I said yeah I think so, and that was that. They buggered off.

Now I'm not injured, I ache a bit today in my neck and arm but nothing to worry about. I just sort of assumed I'd be checked out.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Funny you should mention that. I wasn't impressed with the ambulance that attended.

Turned up, waked straight past me to the lady from the Volvo. Fine although they could have acknowledged me. She had been talking with us about being fine as you'd expect but they checked her over and took her into the ambulance for about half an hour, I'm not sure what was going on but she came out afterwards and never said anything to me about injuries. No problems they're doing the job.

They then mulled about for a bit until one of them asked me if the Mazda was my car, I said yes and he said "you alright?" To which I said yeah I think so, and that was that. They buggered off.

Now I'm not injured, I ache a bit today in my neck and arm but nothing to worry about. I just sort of assumed I'd be checked out.
My last experience with ambulance crew was shocking. I genuinely couldn't believe what I saw and heard

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
To be fair, I haven't taken out any Lighting yet. Nor have I crashed. But I keep coming near to, I doubt I'll properly lean until I do.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
They're actually Rainsport 2s on the car. Not that i liked them either

53 Clio's & counting
Glad to hear you are ok mate.

Here is me, being Ironically Ironic taking out the 'Safe for Overtaking' sign.

I was going a bit faster on every lap, entered Quarry corner at a billion mph, got half way around, got on the throttle a bit too early and it snapped - I caught it one way, but it flung the opposite way quickly. I hit the brakes to let it spin in - at Combe you ALWAYS spin in.

Quite impressed myself, splintered the board into many, many pieces

023.JPG 024.JPG 025.JPG 026.JPG 027.JPG 028.JPG 029.JPG 030.JPG 031.JPG 032.JPG

Glad to hear you are ok mate.

Here is me, being Ironically Ironic taking out the 'Safe for Overtaking' sign.

I was going a bit faster on every lap, entered Quarry corner at a billion mph, got half way around, got on the throttle a bit too early and it snapped - I caught it one way, but it flung the opposite way quickly. I hit the brakes to let it spin in - at Combe you ALWAYS spin in.

Quite impressed myself, splintered the board into many, many pieces

View attachment 146234 View attachment 146235 View attachment 146236 View attachment 146237 View attachment 146238 View attachment 146239 View attachment 146240 View attachment 146241 View attachment 146242 View attachment 146243

NO OVERTAKING - "NO f**k YOU!!" :D

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Had the call this morning to confirm its a write off. Surprisingly though they asked me how much I wanted for it and agreed with my valuation, so I probably should have asked for more.

So the hunt for a 197 can begin!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Had the call this morning to confirm its a write off. Surprisingly though they asked me how much I wanted for it and agreed with my valuation, so I probably should have asked for more.

So the hunt for a 197 can begin!

Get something more cooler than a 197! :D

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Get something more cooler than a 197! :smiley:
I'm open to ideas but I fancy one at the moment. Budget of 5-6 grand for a car but insurance is my issue now. A 197 is getting up towards 2k to insure.

2007 clio dynamique
I'm open to ideas but I fancy one at the moment. Budget of 5-6 grand for a car but insurance is my issue now. A 197 is getting up towards 2k to insure.
Insurance gets expensive when claiming on your own policy as I found out this year , in the end it was cheaper to tell them it was modified (mapped diesel)