ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difference between 182 vs trophy rear dampers

Renault 182
I've just sourced a pair of clio trophy rear dampers to put on my 182 (cup pack). I was wondering does anyone know if their are any differences between them???
Im assuming they are slightly stiffer and thats it????hopefully these will last a bit longer than my standard renault shocks.
The car just seems to sit slightly higher than normal on the back, which I put down to them being stiffer. My intention is to try and source the front shocks aswell, so come on you trophy owners get writing them off!!

Any help appreciated

They are different parts.
Trophy owners are going there best there 3 or so I know off which have been written off.

M

M7CUO_V6

Trophy shocks are normally only used in competion cars, they cost quite alot more than your standard 182 ones, they feature 'remote reservoir damping', giving the car better handling.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Gareth Rallye said:
My intention is to try and source the front shocks aswell, so come on you trophy owners get writing them off!!

Any help appreciated

Well thats a nice thing to say. Why don't you f**k off and write your own car off?

Renault 182
M7CUO_V6 said:
Trophy shocks are normally only used in competion cars, they cost quite alot more than your standard 182 ones, they feature 'remote reservoir damping', giving the car better handling.

Yeah I know the diffrence regarding the front set-up I was just wondering about the rear dampers???

Regarding the comment above, mate get a grip of yourself, it was said light hearted.How about if a trophy is rear ended by another car, am I ok then???

Saxo VTR and clio Trophy
There's nothing light hearted about wishing for people to write their cars off im affraid imo even if it was meant light heartedly, tell that to people who have written a car off.

Clio Trophy
M7CUO_V6 said:

The rears aren't remote reservoir - only the fronts. They are still a different part to the standard 182 though.

Golf GTI 1.8T
sorry i cant help with your question gareth, hope you find a written of trophy with good front shocks somewhere :approve: just wanted to say this ...calm down you gimps!

Renault 182
M1TCH said:
sorry i cant help with your question gareth, hope you find a written of trophy with good front shocks somewhere :approve: just wanted to say this ...calm down you gimps!

Ive been searching the net for ages but its all relating to the front shocks, which are totally different, the only bit of information I could find was: "The dampers are supplied by Sachs Race Engineering and have a unique damping force/velocity curve" however this might be again about the fronts??
On looking at both dampers, the trophy dampers were slightly thinner than the cup spec dampers when off my car.
My car's rear dampers had gone so what better part to replace them with, the only problem being is that it seems to have a slightly higher ride height, I was wondering if anyone techincally minded may know why??
I suppose the question is are the rears stiffer over the cup pack??
The fronts are 10mm lower and complete different dampers. Whats the difference at the rear??

Saxo VTR and clio Trophy
M1TCH said:

Im niether a gimp or take kindly to being told to write my car off, please don't throw insults my way for making a valid point. I hope you never write your car off and see how it feels, I can tell you its not nice. Anyway back on topic.

I hope you find the answers to your question mate, im sorry I can't help, needle and haystack spring to mind but good luck, how do you find the handling with the Trophy rear dampers, any noticeable improvement, what front suspension do you have?

v6 mk2
its all to do with the set-up of the front and rear dampers together on the trophy. A trophy has been set-up for optimum handling and yes they do sit a bit higher at the back than a cupped 182. A lot of people noticed the difference in ride height when they were released. A normal 182 with trophy rear dampers may handle a bit odd due to the different set-up. Dont know much 'techi' info about them but they are defo made by sachs. Maybe you could speak to some1 there??

I would keep the standard dampers mate, with no warranty to cover the rebuilding of the Sachs dampers you would be a fool.