ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

difference between an expression and dynamique?

J03

MX5 1.8
hi, am new to this forum comunity, i was wondering whats the difference between a 1.4 expression and a 1.4 dynamique? am getting one for my first car but i dont know what the difference are,

cheers joe :D

Shed.
interior. possibly the exterior is differnt. i think it has fog lights (the dynamique)

Interior of the expression is s**t and boring, gray. the interior is the dynamique is nicer with body hugging seats and a leather steering wheel (which the expression doesnt have)

Expression does not have air con, where as dynam does.

Expression has (i think) steelies with hub caps and the dynam has alloys.

The expression however, is probably faster, because of the lack of air con.

Take it form me. dont get a f**king expression and make sure it has 3 dorrs and not 5.

Shed.
if your interested to know what the expression is like inside ill get some pics of mine up for you.

just go for the dynamique. theyre so much nicer.

J03

MX5 1.8
interior. possibly the exterior is differnt. i think it has fog lights (the dynamique)

Interior of the expression is s**t and boring, gray. the interior is the dynamique is nicer with body hugging seats and a leather steering wheel (which the expression doesnt have)

Take it form me. dont get a f**king expression and make sure it has 3 dorrs and not 5.

:lolup:

lol o.k il take your word, wel dymaique it iz then! i wanted this 1.6 dynamique the price and spec was perfect but ma dad said i cant get it cuz hes concernd about the power.. its faster than a VTR and would probably keep up with a VTS.. so am of to see an dyamique 1.4 2day, so i hope its all good.! really wanted a corsa at first, but due to the price never drops on a corsa, opted for a clio instead, neat little cars they've caught my attention and their pretty fast aswel!

PMSL, it won't keep up with a VTS, no way in hell. They are about the same as a VTR. The 1.6's don't have much power, 110bhp from memory. Most diesels have more, tell your Dad he's being silly.

Shed.

lol o.k il take your word, wel dymaique it iz then! i wanted this 1.6 dynamique the price and spec was perfect but ma dad said i cant get it cuz hes concernd about the power.. its faster than a VTR and would probably keep up with a VTS.. so am of to see an dyamique 1.4 2day, so i hope its all good.! really wanted a corsa at first, but due to the price never drops on a corsa, opted for a clio instead, neat little cars they've caught my attention and their pretty fast aswel!

tbh the 1.6 wasnt that much slower than the 172. rob and jb were booting it in a straight line and the 172 wasnt a lot faster and it was only because of the rev rage thet the 172 started to pull away lol. im htinking about getting one again. f**k my dad's car lol.

how old are you out of interest ?

J03

MX5 1.8

tbh the 1.6 wasnt that much slower than the 172. rob and jb were booting it in a straight line and the 172 wasnt a lot faster and it was only because of the rev rage thet the 172 started to pull away lol. im htinking about getting one again. f**k my dad's car lol.

how old are you out of interest ?

hehe am 17 lol i loved the 1.6.. cant have it though argh..so he said 1.4 maximum.. but am sure a few tweaks can up the power to the same as a 1.6, such as S/S exhaust.. induction kit, manifold... ecu remap etc.. thinking big plans for it, plus the insurance is only £500 on ma uncles, and i can transfer the NCB after 3 years

Shed.
lol f**king hell. fronting is the way forward lol. i wouldnt bother modding a 1.4 mate.

you really do need to learn to drive first.

J03

MX5 1.8
haha yeah, il stick with it being standard for a few months. thats why my dad wont let ma have the flipin 1,6! am wel gutterd.. yeah but anyway 1.4 would do.. its better than a 1.2 sxi

Shed.
Gotta laugh at your Daddy keeping you whipped though. Be a man.

well my parents wont let me have a f**king 2L lol. i haver to pay for evertyhign myself. if i wanted to i could but the only way i would get a 2L would be to go on my dad's insurance.

its the running costs of the things too lol.

J03

MX5 1.8
lol 2L.. well he said after 2 years i can have a 2L as long as am sensible and dont wreck my first car... he said i can a 197 or corsa VXR.. but thats lik flipin 2 years away.. arghh

Breaking A 172 Replica
Aircon was still an option on the normal dynamiques.

Dynamiques have:

leather wheel, alloys, sports seats, sport suspension (if you are looking at 1.4 or 1.6), fog lights, a different interior trim colour and pattern, CD player as standard, different dials (tell you MPG, miles to go etc...), different colour dash amongst other things.

Deffo a dynamique!

Shed.
aye.all youneed to know is that you need the dynamique. its the nicest model and also proably the best car out of ALL the little hot hatches you can have at 17/18/19

J03

MX5 1.8
well obviously this forum is biased on clios lol wel yeah they are nice, but i dont like the interior thats it lol other than that its mint

mines a dynamique, but i dont have air con :(

only 'dynamique+' cars have aircon i think....
Unles it was added as a option when new.

Michael172;Expression does not have air con said:
i wanted this 1.6 dynamique the price and spec was perfect but ma dad said i cant get it cuz hes concernd about the power.. its faster than a VTR and would probably keep up with a VTS..
Won't keep near a VTS, VTR ok yep VTS is 172 speed. There not much difference bwtween a 1.4 and 1.6 though. Bit wierd not letting you have a 1.6 but leting you have a 1.4 personaly I'd limit my kids to 1.2 max.

J03

MX5 1.8
Unles it was added as a option when new.

Michael172;Expression does not have air con said:
i wanted this 1.6 dynamique the price and spec was perfect but ma dad said i cant get it cuz hes concernd about the power.. its faster than a VTR and would probably keep up with a VTS..
Won't keep near a VTS, VTR ok yep VTS is 172 speed. There not much difference bwtween a 1.4 and 1.6 though. Bit wierd not letting you have a 1.6 but leting you have a 1.4 personaly I'd limit my kids to 1.2 max.

well he said 1.4 is the very max.., he did think about the 1.6 but thought it over and said no... probz because our family is all car fanatics.. all ma relatives got nice cars, porkers, beamers, fezzas... so 1.4 is pretty sh!tty for standards IMO lmao

edit : well the 1.6 does have a mear 10 bhp more lol not very much so i accepted the 1.4 which is what? sumthing like 98?

well he said 1.4 is the very max.., he did think about the 1.6 but thought it over and said no... probz because our family is all car fanatics.. all ma relatives got nice cars, porkers, beamers, fezzas... so 1.4 is pretty sh!tty for standards IMO lmao

edit : well the 1.6 does have a mear 10 bhp more lol not very much so i accepted the 1.4 which is what? sumthing like 98?

Nothing wrong with a 1.2 though?

if your dad that much of a fanacit and won't let you lowere the stadard tell him to buy you a Porche or something to "fit in" just doens't make sence this to me.

Yep 98 for the 1.4

J03

MX5 1.8

Nothing wrong with a 1.2 though?

if your dad that much of a fanacit and won't let you lowere the stadard tell him to buy you a Porche or something to "fit in" just doens't make sence this to me.

Yep 98 for the 1.4

lol hes getting a black cayman
he said at the very beginning a 1.2,.. but i just kept pushin to the likes of 1.6's and finally said no, 1.4 is the maximum.. i dont want you to die in an event of a crash just because i let u drive a powerful first car with mere road experience

he said at the very beginning a 1.2,.. but i just kept pushin to the likes of 1.6's and finally said no, 1.4 is the maximum.. i dont want you to die in an event of a crash just because i let u drive a powerful first car with mere road experience

1.2 is enough to get you in real big trouble.

Your dad much better of making limits to when who you drive with and getting experiance and buying you a 172 turbo than letting you lose in a 1.2

Shed.

Your dad much better of making limits to when who you drive with and getting experiance and buying you a 172 turbo than letting you lose in a 1.2

yeah. been there, discovered that. the 1.2 16v may be slow but it is still perfectly capable of 80mph through residentials. i cant stress enough that its way more than enough to kill you. I respect my parents for not letting me loose with a 1.4 as id be dead by now. I think it took me about 10 months for me to calm down and drive the speed limits, just aint worth it mate !

whether you like it or not, youll bomb it though built up areas as fast as itll go. Its just a young drive thing lol. but can you learn that its not clever to speed before you die !? your dad is right though you do need to learn to drive.

on the plus side. the 1.4 does have very good mpg as does the 1.6.

J03

MX5 1.8

yeah. been there, discovered that. the 1.2 16v may be slow but it is still perfectly capable of 80mph through residentials. i cant stress enough that its way more than enough to kill you. I respect my parents for not letting me loose with a 1.4 as id be dead by now. I think it took me about 10 months for me to calm down and drive the speed limits, just aint worth it mate !

whether you like it or not, youll bomb it though built up areas as fast as itll go. Its just a young drive thing lol. but can you learn that its not clever to speed before you die !? your dad is right though you do need to learn to drive.

on the plus side. the 1.4 does have very good mpg as does the 1.6.

wel thanks for the advice, il settle down with a 1.4
he already told me, he knows me, i get excited with speed.. am always wantin him to put his foot down and race with this and race with that.. not sensible i kno but yano, am sure uve all been there once.. i promised il be sensible but i somehow doubt that lol il try my best because i dont wanna crash resulting my life, or not having another car.. the choice is mine really drive sensible or face the consiquence

J03

MX5 1.8
time and place mate.

i kno... :quiet: il try my best... lol probably on an open road, but no anywer too urbanised.. all i really wanna do is go to places with my friends, or take ar lass out or sumthing.. i dont intend of hunting out on a night for potential boy races

LOL

Another statistic waiting to happen, or is boy actually serious??????

Keep death off the roads from young numpties

Breaking A 172 Replica
Mate, I was exactly the same when I passed my test. Obsessed with speed and going quickly, not so much in a straightline but in the twisties. I am not sure I have calmed down even now (a year on) but I am certainly a much better driver and no when to go quick and when not too.

If I were you I would get a 1.2. When I was looking at getting my first car I really wanted a 1.6... I am pleased I got a 1.2. When you are young I don't think you can handle the power of a faster car. Plus the 1.2 is arguably more fun.

Sam

Shed.
Mate, I was exactly the same when I passed my test. Obsessed with speed and going quickly, not so much in a straightline but in the twisties. I am not sure I have calmed down even now (a year on) but I am certainly a much better driver and no when to go quick and when not too.

If I were you I would get a 1.2. When I was looking at getting my first car I really wanted a 1.6... I am pleased I got a 1.2. When you are young I don't think you can handle the power of a faster car. Plus the 1.2 is arguably more fun.

Sam

yeah. even now i dont think i could handle a 172. not being funny or anyhting, but i couldnt. i mentioned that to fuel slut lol.

oh and the 1.2 is not more fun. your off your head. the 1.4 is more fun. the 1.2 revs like a potato.