ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difference between clio's

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1.2 16v
Evening!

After scoffing my McDonald's I've been reading the forum and it's made me realise, clio's have a massive verity of different specs and I don't really have a clue! People talk about some specs for a cup, or a trophy or cup pack 1+2 etc.

Could anyone explain the difference between a trophy - cup - and a normal clio? Also the different trims their available in?

Always been curious as I'd like to purchase a cup interior for my banger 1.2 ..... (from other examples I've seen) At least if I upgrade it it'll be used on comfort an style rather than useless engine parts :)

Cheers!

1.2 16v
Ah well, been using the search function looking for it + examples an nothing came up (only examples) Probably because I'm using the tapatalk app.. Don't have a pc at my disposal. All stickies + threads are kept separate this way for some un be known reason :(

Good link. I noticed there's a Mark 2 Phase 2 182 and a phase 3. What are the differences? The stereo? Anything else?

My 182 was registered July 2005 so i guess it's a phase 3? Anyone know exactly when the phase 2-3 changes were made?

Phase 3 was just the lower spec Bon sports iirc. Like the campus with the number plate on the rear bumper not the boot.

Had a look about and found this on wiki. Seems to just apply to lesser spec'd clios as you say. But basically all 182's are phase 3 going by this. I've bolded what applies to RS's,(I think)

In 2004 Phase 3 followed starting on a 53 Plate this was just some small revisions to bring it up to date. The front bumper was changed giving it a wide lower grille and the foglights were bulged out at the side (cars not equipped with foglights remained using the older ph2 bumper), the upper grille was changed and the headlights (which previously had black background) now had grey. The 15" alloy wheels were changed and were now a 15" version of the 172 model on Dynamique and Extreme models. Clear side repeaters were added, as was a colourcoded rear spoiler (again on Dynamique spec cars)
On the inside the pattern on the seats was changed for a simpler one, and the dials were changed to do away with the fuel and water temperature needles and now featured a larger screen that included a digital version of these gauges as well as the millage and trip computer. Climate control equipped cars were given a vent in the back of the glove box so it could be climate controlled. Under the bonnet a new 100 bhp DCi engine was available (the 1.2 16v also received a new engine developed with Nissan). Rear disks were fitted as standard for the first time on 1.6 16v models and DCi 100 models.

And
The Phase 4 Clio II, known as the Clio Campus, was introduced in 2006 and had a restyled rear end, the number plate moving from boot to bumper, and a better specification on all models. A revised front end was released in April 2009

In Brazil the mk 2 clio is still going. Called the Clio Mío. Check it out! First i've ever heard of it. Be interesting to see that new front end on a 1*2, or not :)

Launch-Clio-Mio-Sport.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
AFAIK there's very little difference so unless your current interior's in a poor condition there's not much point switching.

Get a proper leather interior ;)

1.2 16v
Ah yeah that's just why I'm looking for the right one. Half leather would do just fine ;)

I mean the one I've got is sufficient, apart from my driver seat jerks backwards and forwards; just if I can get a one that I think is nicer, why not get that :) then waste pennies on the engine when there's gonna no gains. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.