ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difference between cup and speedline turinis?

work for BMW
What's the difference between the two? Apart from the centre cap obviously. I need to buy a cup one but unsure if the one I have found is a cup or speedline
thanks

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Think the speedline have the decals on the rim. Plus the centre 'dished' part isnt as dished.

Plus I think the Renault ones have a Renault stamp on the back like the F1s did?

work for BMW
The 3 cup ones I have , have the Renault centre cap, but doesn't say Renault anywhere , just have speedline on the back and another number ending in 38.5 ( offset?)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Hello Marc,
thanks for your enquiry. Yes, the Trophy was a special edition for the UK market, built by Renault Sport in the Dieppe Alpine plant.
The wheel was the well known Turini ( Type 2120 ) wheel, made to the official Renault homologation standard.
The specification was 7x16 ET45, anthracite colour. The original equipment wheels for this special edition were produced with the Speedline Corse logo on the rim ( as the aftermarket version ) but also another subtly different version of the same wheel was made for Renault Sport as an accessory item.
The accessory version had the Renault Sport logo on the rim. We can supply our aftermarket version of the wheel, in 7x16 anthracite colour, in two different offsets. ET40 and ET35.The other key differences between the aftermarket and Renault Sport versions are Centre Cap - Original Renault item v our Speedline Corse aftermarket item.
Centre bore - The centre bore on the aftermarket versions is “universal”, requiring our fitted aluminium spigot rings to provide correct location. Whereas the OE versions were a direct centre bore, no spigot ring required.
Hope that helps Marc.

Kind regards
Chris

Chris Jordan S.L. Corse Ltd