ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difference between Laguna v6 ph1 and Clio v6 ph1 engines

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Ok. So is it not using a laguna v6 engine then? Would I be able to tune the Laguna engine to be the same as the clio v6 without spending loads of money?

Lionel Richie
are you planning on fitting it in the front or back???

as i said previously the blocks are the same (same engine as found in the 406 V6 coupe)

Clio Mk1 Hybrid
I was thinking about fitting a laguna v6 motor into a valver just for a bit of street sleeper action, however engine bays tight enough now! will it fit? i never actually looked into it into depth, i know from experience the gearbox mountings are different but could it get in there??

Dave

number1 said:
I was thinking about fitting a laguna v6 motor into a valver just for a bit of street sleeper action, however engine bays tight enough now! will it fit? i never actually looked into it into depth, i know from experience the gearbox mountings are different but could it get in there??

Dave
I'd say its not easy RWD it instead for similicity as the V6 is a big block.

Better off though using a 2.0 William etc engine if you want V6 noise then get a Vauxhall 2.5 V6 engine its much smaller and easier to fit.

Rebuilt 2.0 bottom end head work cams and you'll be about 185hp or so with the normal other bits exhaust etc a V6 is what 210hp stock and a heck of a lot more weight.

are you planning on fitting it in the front or back???

as i said previously the blocks are the same (same engine as found in the 406 V6 coupe)

Fred any 255 engine bits lying about to put on a xantia v6 , particularly cams at this time... long shot but if you don't ask , you know . cheers

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Would be to go in the back on a space frame assembly. Dont think I can be arsed anymore. Maybe next year when I have a bit more cash. Isnt out of the question though.
I wouldnt bother putting anything bigger than a 2.0 in the front of a Valver or any small hatch back for that matter. Waste of time.

Turbos.
The best V6 for this sort of application would be the Rover KV6 2.5 (170bhp), they have to be one of the lightest V6s around. As long as it is a post '97 engine it should be perfectly reliable too.

Jenvey do a TB conversion, and with a few other bits and bobs you are looking at 220bhp with a nice bit of torque too. The only limiting factor is the gearbox...

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Rover V6 ?? - why dont you just stay out tech talk you fool

Ive got a GTA Z7U 730 lump 2.5 V6 Turbo - comes complete with rear subframe / shafts and NU1 box. Ive got the wiring loom and ECU as well. £1500 for the lot - 300 bhp will easily be achievable. This is the engine they should have fitted in the clio V6

MERCEDES CLS AMG
You are a nob though arent ya !! - rover V6 lol

Ive got a rear mounted GTA Z7U 730 lump 2.5 V6 Turbo - comes complete with rear subframe / shafts and NU1 box + gear shift linkages and shifter. Ive got the wiring loom and ECU as well. £1500 for the lot - 300 bhp will easily be achievable. This is the engine they should have fitted in the clio V6

Last edited:
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
V6GTA.jpg

Last edited:
  Turbos.
Basically everything you have is great, everything you don't have is s**t LOL.

Remind me how crap the K20A is again...and inform me of you knowledge of the KV6 perhaps?

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
my dads got the laguna V6, its a nice engine, don't seem that fast to be honest, his is automatic though, so don't know it that is less bhp. i think its power is all at the top end speed, due to the car weight and engine weight