ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

differnet mk1 mk2

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Mk1 has different suspension, longer gearing, less low end grunt, smaller wheels, weighs a lot less, etc...

Quite a few mechanical changes as well as visual ones!

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 26 March 2004

Mk1 has different suspension, longer gearing, less low end grunt, smaller wheels, weighs a lot less, etc...

Quite a few mechanical changes as well as visual ones!
Yep, but isnt the question only about the engine ?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 26 March 2004

Doh! :oops:

Well, there are differences in the throttle body & inlet on the mk2 (for more low end grunt), the fly-by-wire throttle instead of the cable and the ECU is setup differently too.

The mk1s seem to have more of a "kick" at the top end when they come one cam, but the mk2 has more pull off cam.

personally i think the mk 2 172 looks much better than the mk 1 172.

but the back end of the 172 mk 2 is bland !

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 26 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 26 March 2004

Doh! :oops:

Well, there are differences in the throttle body & inlet on the mk2 (for more low end grunt), the fly-by-wire throttle instead of the cable and the ECU is setup differently too.

The mk1s seem to have more of a "kick" at the top end when they come one cam, but the mk2 has more pull off cam.
if i stay with my ECU and my throttle body is that ok ?

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

I doubt it Dror,wouldnt the MK2 engine require the MK2 ECU for the fly by wire throttle?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 26 March 2004

just put the mk1 TB on the Mk2 engine and use the mk1 ECU???
Aye, that will work fine...

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 26 March 2004
put all your mk1 injection components etc on the mk2 engine lump and it will work.

Nothing else needed?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

The basic engine is the same(f4r 730 although later ones are f4r 736 but it doesnt matter) so if you fit all the components off your engine to the other engine everything should work. The main difference is the throttle control,mk1 has a cable throttle body and a idle air control valve where as the mk2 has the fly by wire motorised throttle body and no idle air control valve.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by os1so on 27 March 2004
dam i love this site you learn some thing new every day....!!!:)

And all for £5 isnt it fantastic :D