ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

digital oil gauge problem (or not)?? help

J

jakm15

Since I bought my Clio it has never shown me the oil level on the dash, it is supposed to show it on the same digital dial as the mileage as it shows in the handbook. To be honest I’m not even sure whether it has one but there is a sticker on the windscreen saying check your oil gauge every time you start up etc so why would it be there if there’s not one and also there is a sensor near the dipstick which I have been told is the sensor and it has some wires coming out of it. My car is a mk2 ph1 1.2 8v Grande is it supposed to have the gauge and if so how do I fix it.

Cheers.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
If it was supposed to have the gauge, it would show it. Even if it was broken, i think it will say OIL----- (low) instead of OIL 00000. (full)

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Mine tells me OIL OK in the trip meter/mileage display when I've started the car...... or OIL ------- if it is low, as MrMark says.....

Try turning the ignition on to the second stop, (so all the test lights come on etc) it should do the check then too and display as above (assuming you have it fitted)!

Last edited:
J

jakm15

thanks for your help, dont think it has one then cos ive turned the ignition on so the lights come on and it just goes straight to the milage.