ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo: Circuit Board of Clio 2 dash (speedo/rev counter/petrol gauge/temp gauge)

Renault Clio 4, 2016
Got the Dash out of my 2002 Clio 2 8v Expression at the moment and just thought I would take it apart and take photo of the circuit board behind the dials - (for those who maybe intrigued what's it like but dont want to risk taking it apart like I did) - the bulbs (warning bulbs and backlighting bulbs) all seem to be LED then, no traditional bulbs so you cannot really 'pull out' and replace a bulb if you wanted to (mind you LED are supposed to last forever arent they? - and not go blackened) - am sure you can get replacement LED kits (in different colours as well) , pretty sure I have seen them for sale on ebay.
My particular dash has 'GAS/GAZ' indicator on bottom right , yet I have heard some people have a little icon of a 'gearstick' . It seems behind that icon there are 2 LED chips (bulbs) and i reckon this is why some people say the icon changes from orange to green . - this icon does not work at all for my car. - The cluster is made by French company SAGEM (are they still going?) - everything is done by electrical wires at the back of the cluster - no traditional cable for the speedo like there used to be on older cars. It seems the mileage odometer must be stored on one of those microchips on the main board - I always thought the later cars that had the electronic odometers these days had their total mileage figures stored in the ECU under the bonnet - but there you go I was wrong.

Here are pic's

dash2.jpg

dash3.jpg

dash4.jpg