ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Digital switchover - what are Renault doing for cars still in warranty?

RB 200
Basically, this came to my attention this morning at work ( I work for a ford dealer ) when I had a email saying they where switching over in September just after the tvs - and standard AM/FM radios wouldnt receive any stations and cars with satnav, those systems won't work any more either. They also went on to say its something out of there control and there not going to be giving any refunds/contributions/new radios/satnavs because it's not there problem.

Saying this, BMW Are saying there going to give a £200 contribution toward there £400 basic DAB Radio or pay for you to have a DAB reciever fitted to your current unit, providing its less than £200 and you supply them with a recept.

Was just wondering, will Renault replace the head unit & components to one that will receive DAB? Or give a contribution? Because I was told the switchover wouldn't be til 2015 and the radio would be fine til then, and to be honest I don't want to put a aftermarket unit in, I want the car standard! And actually working..

Has anyone heard of there plans?

what are you lot going to do?

This is the first i've even heard of this. I don't want to have to buy another headunit either, as I want to keep the standard Ph1 unit. Looks like ill be making plenty of CDs lol.

the switchover is already in process and has been for some time hence why signal has been getting poorer and poorer, I doubt many dealers will be doing anything, its not down to them its being turned off. You can still get DAB for any car without changing the OEM equipment.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I was under the impression that the digital switch-over for radio was a while off yet. Beginning 2015 or something like that? Don't have a source as I can't remember where I read it.

Nope Radio as well , however in reality you proberbly have another 8 years use out of your FM setup , but i can see this causing more of an issue than the TV situation .

obviously new cars will have dab radios as standard more commonly , and there are stand alone soloutions for DAB to add to existing units , but its not quite the same as the set top box soloution (although in reality thats exactly what it is )
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elayed-2017-Ministers-privately-accepted.html

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Looks like I'd better go find a DAB converter box for my head unit. Seen one in the fast car mag I think... Less than £200 for it

RB 200
plug and play as in straight into the back of my head unit and no silly wires/screen ariels ?

i have one atm in my other car which is a separate box, connects to the aux but has a horrid screen ariel .. bad times :(

They come with screen aerials BUT there is an option to change that to oem
aerials etc. Once I have all the info I will be updating my trader section with it all :)