ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Direct Line

ph1 172
Had my ph1 since May and insurance was up for renewal at the end of the month. Got my renewal notice through for £740 with 4years ncb. Not too bad i thought, so rang Direct Line on Sat to pay it.

The previous owner had put an aftermarket exhaust on the car, ive no idea what it is tho. I was debating telling them, but thought it was best. Anyway, i ring up and say i want to renew etc, then i mention the exhaust. She puts me on hold for a minute then comes back 'sorry we cant insure you on that vehicle unless your 25 as it has an exhaust which is not standard, accoringly i have cancelled your insurance as from now'.

I was livid, ive been with them for 3 years, and they have the cheek to cancel my insurance on the spot!!

So went on the net, looked at all the comparison sites (getting stupid quotes of £1500 etc) then tried tesco. Got it with tesco for £540, £200 cheaper, so was made up after that! just goes to show, every cloud..

I have had nothing but good service/prices/cliams from Direct Line TBH. Been with them 10+years and have no intention of changing.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
they are much better than others i've been with, prob the best! tho i did rate LV when i as with them a few years ago, now they are more widely known! the worst i've been with are adrian flux! f*ckin annoying!

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
I have had nothing but good service/prices/cliams from Direct Line TBH. Been with them 10+years and have no intention of changing.

Not that I do this very often but I happen to agree with Roy on this one.

i agree they are buy far the best company i have dealt with.

but sadly i will have to change as they wont insure me on my monaro.

greenlight will and are £400 cheaper

Vaux Astra VXR Arden Blue
Strange one that Direct Line is A royal bank of scotland company and so is tesco underwritten by uk insurance, polices are usualyl much the same