ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Direct Power To Alpine CDA 9835R H/U

Mercedes SLK350
I'm following on from the thread debating whether or not the 9835R should have a direct power feed.

I stand corrected and have decided to rectify my omission of an extra power feed and earth.

Therefore, would someone be so kind as to post an idiots guide to rectifying my oversight. I'm a bit clueless how to exactly sort my problem.

Today I bought,

17 amp single wire.
Inline fuse holder.
15 amp flat blade fuses.

In principal I know what needs doing, I'm not sure on how to make the connections.

Many thanks for your help, Lee.

Lee

BMW M2C
I have no idea what you are going on about, but I've got a 9853 and just connected up the cables already there and away I went.

I know nothing about this sort of thing, so is that something I should be looking at?

Mercedes SLK350
I have been told that the standard audio wiring in the car is not adequate to carry enough power to feed the 4 x 60w amp in the head unit.

But, by taking a direct feed from the battery with more substantial wire straight to the h/u then the problem will be solved.

I just need some advice how to go about it.

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs
I have the same headunit in my 182, its been in for the past 6months, on the standard wiring loom, and ive not had a problem.

Surely the fuse would stop any damage occuring anyway?

Polo + Micra
cable from battery to fuse holder(within 6 inches) to yellow coming out of the back of the hu.

with the earth i used a bolt that was under the top of the dash as i had to take it of to get th hu in